Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: April. (#8 of 8.)

WSEX GM,

I love you.

Love,

PokerBob
Old 04-05-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

4. constant dull beeping after about 20 minutes play [I've heard this
from a few people.]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had this happen since the last update, but it would happen fairly frequently before.
What is happening is the chat box is acting like it is scrolled up, and this emits a beep for every message received. The dealer alone causes a very fast succession of beeps.
It would happen to me even though I never scrolled up on the chat box, and trying to scroll down was of no help. It acts like it is scrolled up like half a line.
I'm running XP, and the only other software that would be running (but not every time it did it) would be Firefox. I wasn't using any other poker related software.

The way to fix it is so right click on the chat window and change a display option. You can change it right back and it stops the beeping.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 PM

Man, all this site needs is a few bad players to join every month.

I hope the sports betting is increasing enough to compensate WSEX for the effort they're obviously putting into their poker site.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

4. constant dull beeping after about 20 minutes play [I've heard this
from a few people.]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had this happen since the last update, but it would happen fairly frequently before.
What is happening is the chat box is acting like it is scrolled up, and this emits a beep for every message received. The dealer alone causes a very fast succession of beeps.
It would happen to me even though I never scrolled up on the chat box, and trying to scroll down was of no help. It acts like it is scrolled up like half a line.
I'm running XP, and the only other software that would be running (but not every time it did it) would be Firefox. I wasn't using any other poker related software.

The way to fix it is so right click on the chat window and change a display option. You can change it right back and it stops the beeping.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been happening to me for months. I too run XP, and sometimes I'll run Firefox and/or AOL at the same time--doesn't seem to matter, however. I'm on an eMachines computer, maybe a T1840? (not at home right now). The sound card should be whatever came with it standard. It's several years old. 1.8 gig chip, 1.2 GB memory.

The beeping typically begins around 70 hands or so. Every time a new line appears in the chat box on the active/forward table, it beeps. If somebody bets, for example, I hear both the chip sound and the beep.

To "fix" it, I go to the lobby window, click Tools I think?, select Options, and OK the sound option. When fixing, the chat boxes scroll completely through on all open tables, which freezes the action and can take a little while, occasionally causing me to time out (rage). Then it won't beep for another 50-100 hands. Rinse/repeat.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Default any mods up yet for the mini tables?

I've been away from poker for about a month and just discoverd the mini tables. They look great, bu I'd like my mods back.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: any mods up yet for the mini tables?

i get the annoying beeping on both my laptop and my desktop. Both are windows xp with intel processors. They both have over 1.5 gigs of ram.
The incessant beeping only happens when the dealer everything option is on. If you change to any other dealer option it never occurs.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:22 PM

wsex down?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:24 PM

i froze up like 2 min ago
Old 04-05-2007, 06:38 PM

down for me too
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 PM

same here
Closed Thread