Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Two More From the Big Blind

I think hand 1 is a check CRYING call at best, but probably a check fold. I like the flop play, but I like leading the turn better than check raising. I didn't play a whole lot of the 20 40 game in my two months in Arizona, but from the times I played I really didn't see a single person who would 3 bet this turn with a hand that you could beat with QQ.

Hand 2: I just fold preflop, especially against the player you described, and especially in the CAZ games. It's not like you have to worry about getting extra action or something for meta game purposes, which is a big reason why I'm sure you called this hand preflop. But if you did call, I don't think there is really a point in betting the river or the turn. I think check calling both the turn and river would be fine.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 AM

drbk --

This guy was very un-CAZ-ish. On a blank river I think I have a bet/call or check/(easy) call. But post-A:diamonds: I now agree that this is a c/f.

Hand 2 is, yeah, a preflop fold. I liked a raise on the turn because his range is so wide and everything has outs, but it's probably better if I don't have a flush draw. I think I've come around to c/c c/c, especially because I was uncomfortable about folding to the raise.

--Nate
Old 05-01-2007, 07:31 AM

hand 1:
I wouldn't be all that eager to put in as much action here. It sounds like all the 2-pairs and all the straights are in CO's range, so I think you may be a dog against him even when he puts the first bet in on the turn.

Unfortunately you'd really like to see HJ muck, but if you can't get him to fold a naked Q or K9 type hand then its pretty marginal (but still viable). When you get 3-bet, you're totally screwed ui--that board has got to be scary for everybody involved. I don't know why you want to put money in on the river unless you left out that CO is a maniac.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
drbk --

This guy was very un-CAZ-ish. On a blank river I think I have a bet/call or check/(easy) call. But post-A:diamonds: I now agree that this is a c/f.

Hand 2 is, yeah, a preflop fold. I liked a raise on the turn because his range is so wide and everything has outs, but it's probably better if I don't have a flush draw. I think I've come around to c/c c/c, especially because I was uncomfortable about folding to the raise.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, obviously you have a much better read than me on this guy so I can't sit here and tell you that a river call is incorrect. That hand is a very read dependent situation and your history with him in the session. But I don't understand how the Ad on the river would change anything. I don't really see him 3 betting a hand on the turn where the Ad on the river helps him right?