Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Monotone flop deep in the 3R

Kem --

He folded to a push.

Registrar --

Thanks very much for all the input you've given in this thread. Just a couple things:

"get value against a pair with diamond" -- Remember, we want 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to fold, not call, his 11-outer.

"he needs TPTK or a flush to call the turn" -- If this is the case then I should crunch some numbers. Your line might be better. But at that point I think he will be getting too good a price from the pot (or, often, have made a hand too good to fold).

--Nate
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 PM

Nate, I like the push given your read. If he's a TAG in general, but eager to secure money then you could get a fold with a push from a lot of hands that would push over your C-bet if he thought he had fold equity. I think that if he's scared enough you could even get a fold from a black KQ or some other hand that would always defend against a regularly sized C-bet. Basically I'm just echoing things that you've already said, but I like the play.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kem --

He folded to a push.

Registrar --

Thanks very much for all the input you've given in this thread. Just a couple things:

"get value against a pair with diamond" -- Remember, we want 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to fold, not call, his 11-outer.

"he needs TPTK or a flush to call the turn" -- If this is the case then I should crunch some numbers. Your line might be better. But at that point I think he will be getting too good a price from the pot (or, often, have made a hand too good to fold).

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

My line relies on pot odds not being the uppermost issue in villain's mind. It is my contention that the vast majority of online poker players would not play on with a draw to a medium flush on the turn. At this stage of the tournament. And by a vast majority, I include myself if I've bet the flop and bricked the turn with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7x or naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and then faced a bet on the turn, well, I've got a reasonable stack and 'hero' must have a hand.