Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Pretty standard A-high OOP blind/blind situation.

BB is 27/7.5/1.5, WTSD 35-ish, never attempts to steal blinds but willing to put in action post.

OnGame's Room 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) by Hand Converter CG

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 5 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

Pretty standard deal, I obv have to bet the turn with this board right? My plan was to c/f river after the turn got called.

Also, with the board texture, I'm pretty sure that he'll call every turn (except prob an A), how should this affect my river decision?

Edit: Realized this contradicts itself. If I have zero fold equity on the turn, then I should either be c/f the turn or betting the turn and c/c most rivers, line depending on his range, right? Unless he'll only bet pair+ in which case bet, c/f.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Pretty standard A-high OOP blind/blind situation.

I play the same. I think the turn can be a good card for you. If BB is on spades turn card is irrelevant, he is looking for a spade.

But if he has a card that paired the flop or called with overcards on the flop such as J10/QJ then this turn card scare him as he fears you may have paired and could fold.

Once turn is called i check fold river. If you bet river only betterhands call and worse fold i believe.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Pretty standard A-high OOP blind/blind situation.

This is an interesting hand. I think villain raises you with any pair/draw on the flop. River card is pretty decent for you. I would consider b/f this.