Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:35 AM

Default FPS? KK in SB, blind battle.

BB is loose-passive PF, not as much post, but small sample size. Probably calls with entire range (incl. 8s/boat) on the flop. I was folding to a river 3-bet. Better to just bet flop/turn?

OnGame's Room 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) by Hand Converter CG

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 7 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>
Old 11-08-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: FPS? KK in SB, blind battle.

if you are checking the turn, then do it to c/r the turn, not to c/c. he is more likely to call a c/r on the turn optimisitically, and then throw one more BB into the pot in the river with Ahigh or a bad pair, than bluff you twice.

Trying to induce bluffs from loose passives is a mistake. just value bet them to death. I would have bet bet bet and called if he raised.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 AM

wtf at turn esp if you c/c wtf, c/r if you are gonna check it these plays makes me wanna have you at my table
Old 11-08-2007, 06:57 AM

I figured I had the BB drawing to 4 outs or less in a 3bb pot, and I know that he'll fold A-high and likely a 3 to a turn c/r, plus the rest of his range that might find something on the river.

Dunno, just trying something out. Usual line is more conventional but I didn't think I'd maximize value since only one bet per street was going in at most unless BB has an 8 or makes a pair that can call a raise.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Checking the turn against an aggro player to c/r is good.

Checking the turn against a passive player is baaaaaaad
Old 11-08-2007, 08:47 AM

When he calls this flop, you figure him to have a hand, and if not, perhaps he's got one that paired the turn. I don't mind the turn check, as long as you raise when he bets.

c/c turn and c/r river is bananas. You could have whiffed the turn, and then BB could then c/f the river. Or else, you could whiff on the river c/r. Just about everything could go wrong by playing the hand this way.

I just play it straight up. Bet all 3 streets. If your sample size is small, you don't know if this guy could bet/3-bet the river with AJ/KJ, so folding to a 3-bet could be costly.