Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Superbad rocks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rbk,

I actually felt like perg and liked that part. In general, I liked the whole cop parts and didn't think they got the movie off track at all, thought those scenes were mostly hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh dont get me wrong i loved the cops scenes as well, i just thought some of the fun was that they were that stupid.
also as for whats more realistic:
two cops dumb enough to do that, or two cops deciding to say ahh [censored] their career lets get drunk on the job, let a minor shoot our gun, then blow up their car so he could boost his self-esteem, give me a [censored] break.

and no i'm not trying to nitpick about the factual accuracy of this movie, but please perg, dont try and claim that there was any semblence of reality to the part of the movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL do you know any cops? You would be surprised to how some of the cop stuff was pretty damn accurate.

I know of Cops that got drunk OTJ or let people shoot their weapons at stop signs etc. etc etc. This is not some made up stuff there are maniac cops. My Dad was a cop, I played Hockey with several that were crazy as bed bugs and my GF is an ex cop detective. They pretty much corroborate crap like that happens. Whether you believe it or not .........that is up to you.

The movie was funny as hell. There were some down parts like I think in certain instance's Evan/Seth ran out of gas. But my jaw hurt from laughing so much.

Anyone notice that Michael Cera could barely contain his laughter in the Dick drawing scene?

[/ QUOTE ]

and i felt like he couldn't keep from laughing in the beginning right before seth got spat on, when they were buying drinks from the convenience store.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am the only person that didnt think it was that great. Some parts were sorta funny, but nothing special.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was good, but not great. It had some funny lines, but by the end, I noticed the storyline had me more hooked than the comedy did.

I pity all those in this thread who think this movie was better than Knocked Up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, sorry but I can't think of any explanation for this other than you are a really lame person. I mean the storyline? Guys try to get alcohol and bang girls. Ya that was a real thriller. I was wondering what was going to happen next, were they going to get the alcohol? were they going to get to third base? Ya that [censored] was fantastic. Much better than the non stop comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you loved a movie where you thought the storyline was mundane, predictable and overplayed? I think you need to reevaluate the lameness.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I loved a movie line where the story didn't really matter. I also liked Transformers, Die Hard 4 and 300. My point was that liking a movie like Superbad because of the storyline more than the comedy is just really [censored] weak.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am the only person that didnt think it was that great. Some parts were sorta funny, but nothing special.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was good, but not great. It had some funny lines, but by the end, I noticed the storyline had me more hooked than the comedy did.

I pity all those in this thread who think this movie was better than Knocked Up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, sorry but I can't think of any explanation for this other than you are a really lame person. I mean the storyline? Guys try to get alcohol and bang girls. Ya that was a real thriller. I was wondering what was going to happen next, were they going to get the alcohol? were they going to get to third base? Ya that [censored] was fantastic. Much better than the non stop comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you loved a movie where you thought the storyline was mundane, predictable and overplayed? I think you need to reevaluate the lameness.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't a plot driven story though, the plot existed as a platform for jokes. It's a very good teen comedy, but the plot was extremely standard.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:35 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

Lots of funny parts, some very funny, but overall I left feeling a bit disappointed. It just felt very disjointed, like they had a bunch of funny conversations and situations on index cards and tried to arrange them into a movie.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:54 AM

I think there's more story in this movie than some people are giving it credit for...it's true that the plot isn't exactly convoluted or suspensful, but plot and story are two different things...
Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 AM

I loved the cop scenes.. When the bum at the bar pushes Mclovin into the kitchen and trips and the cops run in and Seth was like "MCLOVIN!!!!! YEA.. That's how you take a [censored] down" I was laughing so hard..

The whole movie was hysterical I though..
Old 08-23-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone notice that Michael Cera could barely contain his laughter in the Dick drawing scene?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I just watched that scene several times [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] and I don't see it.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:53 PM

wow i guess im the only one who was super disappointed in this movie.

i laughed a lot (i was as high as can be) and it was funny... but i was expecting greatness. it was amusing but i cant imagine this being a classic/im going to see this a bunch and then buy the dvd watch it ten times in a month.

i dunno, i was letdown and i thought it was pretty repetitive and predictable.

maybe im getting old.

(i still thought it was funny, probably one of the funnier movies ill see this year, but no classic. and i think cera is hilarious. meh, maybe my expectations were way too high)
Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 PM

for Michael Cera Fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB6eQEkySCM
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 PM

What was up with the homosexual undertone in the movie? The girl I saw it with noticed it before I did, but I agree.

Is Superbad really a movie about latent homosexuality?

PS; What was up with the home-economics scene? that was a little weird.

PS: The movie rocked, but Seth Roghan should never act again, he was one of the only bad things about the movie.