Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
Training and planting random professors to use weapons (like air marshals) can't possibly be that bad of an idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where will this end though...training and planting pastors to avoid church shootings? Managers at mall stores? All bank tellers? The teenagers who work at the local Popeye's that gets held up monthly?

/political rant that doesn't belong here
Old 04-17-2007, 10:58 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

[ QUOTE ]
Training and planting random professors to use weapons (like air marshals) can't possibly be that bad of an idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it could be. I'm not saying this isn't a sad tragedy but If you consider that probably 100 times as many people probably got killed by drunk driving/bad driving alone on monday u would understand that u don't start changing policy based on 1/1,000,000 chance event.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, this is a good idea, the question is just how easy it is to train a dweeb to be able to fire first...

[/ QUOTE ]

How many liberal arts professors do you think would volunteer for this program?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, this is a good idea, the question is just how easy it is to train a dweeb to be able to fire first...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This would be very very innefective unless it was mandatory, but that would just end up discouraging people from teaching....
Old 04-17-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This would be very very innefective unless it was mandatory, but that would just end up discouraging people from teaching....

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to college in Virginia. I don't think you'd have a problem finding profs to do it.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to college in Virginia. I don't think you'd have a problem finding profs to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, schools in the area wouldn't have trouble getting volunteers. I think this would be most effective as a blind, mandatory process for perhaps 1/10 classroom profs or TAs, just enough to give people the impression that they might not be the only one with a gun.

I think a better idea is to just have a blanket of security inside major school buildings during class hours... This wouldn't be hard. NYU has a security officer or two at basically every door to any building, sitting in front of cameras of most walkways, etc. I am not sure if they carry, but some of them probably should....
Old 04-17-2007, 12:19 PM

If you think arming more people with guns would stop the nutters goin on these rampages they are wrong
Old 04-17-2007, 12:29 PM

My sincere condolences to all the families that have lost a beloved member and to everyone who was affected by this.

Also, rest in peace Mr. Liviu Librescu, the 77 years old Romanian Teacher who was the one blocking one of the classroom doors so that the students can jump. He was killed through the door.
"Professor Liviu Librescu, 76, threw himself in front of the shooter when the man attempted to enter his classroom. The Israeli mechanics and engineering lecturer was shot to death, "but all the students lived - because of him," Virginia Tech student Asael Arad - told Army Radio.

Several of Librescu's other students sent e-mails to his wife, Marlena, telling of how he had blocked the gunman's way and saved their lives, said Librescu's son, Joe."
He was Romanian, and a great mind and had to flee to Israel because of the old dictator here.

May the victims of this horrible thing rest in peace!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:41 PM

^^yea, i read about mr. librescu, flat out heroic...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:58 PM

My newspaper says BLOODBATH IN VIRGINIA 33 people dead and more than 20 injured!
I hope my friend is allright :S