Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: No Office thread? Whats goin on?

"the jim and pam scenes are so gay lately"

their conversation about Jims 2nd Life character was awesome, imo.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 AM

I feel like the world's biggest sap becaseu the Jim and Pam stuff makes me all happy inside. Typically in these Tony and Angela situations they screw everything up by trying to still get drama out of the relationship. Instead we just get Jim and Pam's normalness as a nic reflection to the rest of the drama. I <3 it.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus we saw the start of the first potential issue for Pam and Jim to deal with. He is obviously really not happy with the way his life is going (aside from being with Pam).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something the show reeeeeeally doesn't need right now. I mean WTF, Jim-and-Pam-drama for like the entire run of the series and now that they're together Jim is going to have a mid life crisis? GTFO. They need to let Jim and Pam take it easy for a while. This show has more than enough drama.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is something the show reeeeeeally doesn't need right now. I mean WTF, Jim-and-Pam-drama for like the entire run of the series and now that they're together Jim is going to have a mid life crisis? GTFO. They need to let Jim and Pam take it easy for a while. This show has more than enough drama.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with you if the show just jumped full fledge into a mid-life crisis meltdown for Jim. However, one of the great things about this show is that they slowly build up to these things. And in fact Jim has had these feelings for a long time (same with the Jim character in the BBC version).

I think it is setting this up for something down the road and I'm ok with that. I think it is something that a lot of people can relate too. And I don't think it is a dealbreaker between Jim and Pam, but something they'll have to deal with, like normal couples do. This show tends to get that stuff right.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 PM

I'm fine with the Jim/Pam scenes. The 'Oh D' part was great. Kevin's Kool-Aid face was amazing. A couple neat parts, but the episode as a whole really just felt off. i agree with whoever (whomever?) said the timing was off.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the show was pretty weak, but the commercial saved it - Stanley as the ex-convict was priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 01:41 PM

M: "Ryan's being a little bitch again."
R: "I'm on, Michael."
M: "What's up doggggggggg!"
Old 10-26-2007, 01:56 PM

That 4 minutes of the show was devoted to being a commercial for Second Life was beyond pathetic. They've always had pretty blatant product placement, but this is getting ridiculous.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prob because the show blows.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what she said.

This was a good solid episode. Everyone had some good moments, I loved Kevin pointing and laughing at Oscar when Michael called him the Mama Bear. The above mentioned, "Ryan's being a little bitch." That Dwight, even in the world he's created is still Assistant to Regional Manager.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was very good. There weren't a lot of super high spots, but it was about the most consistent ep in a while. Lots of very good little bits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Good in a different way. Last week was lots of character development. This one had a lot of little LOL moments. I liked it a lot.

Loved the "Bad News" part of the ad with Dwight holding the "You have a son, and it's me" paper.