Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Middle set - 3/6 BM

Hero has 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in UTG + 1.
Limped around to Loose passive in the SB who raises. I would probably call SB loose passive, but he's relatively new to the table. Everyone calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks. Hero bets. Old man in MP (who plays stereotypically like an old man) calls. Beginning player on the button raises. SB 3-bets it. Hero 4-bets. Old man calls. Button calls. SB 5-bets and caps. The 3 of us call.

Do I slow down on the turn: if the turn is a diamond? the turn is a blank?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Middle set - 3/6 BM

I would bet once into a diamond turn expecting a flush raise and considering folding or calling down. Otherwise you should be good - continue betting and raising for value. Someone possibly has two pair and clearly at least one person is overplaying a pair of kings - SB has KQ, AK? KK possibly but not likely. Flush obviously wins unless you fill up.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:53 PM

If SB is really loose passive, raising from the SB is HUGE.
Then he limp / 3 bets / 5 bets the flop? I can't fold this here, but I think the SB's range is at least 50% KK, 25% AA, less than 25% everything else. I call down anything but
making quads, don't even bother calling down if a diamond comes with no pair on the board, at least one of the other two players is on a flush draw.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:38 PM

On second thought, betting or calling with 3 diamonds on the board is probably retarded. Maybe see one more card if it's cheap. Definitely fold if caught in a raising war where the higher flush is going to beat the lower flush.

Keep in mind that KK is not likely, but possible.

Bet for value if no more diamonds.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:39 AM

if sb bets the turn again i might put in another raise before i calldown. if it's a diamond i'm still prob. raising 'cause he's prob. betting and he can only have one combo A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] that would have a flush.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:32 PM

If the SB leads the turn I'm still raising regardless of what comes out (even a diamond). But if it is a blank and SB three bets me I'm going into my calldown shell.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:56 PM

Can't see folding the turn to a diamond. I haven't counted, but with the pf raise and flop cap it seems like we have the odds to SD. That just leaves the question whether to get aggressive on the turn. Non diamond you have to, diamond I think call looking to fill up.