Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 01:01 PM

Default AJs on the BB against opener from the CO

Hi,
I'd like opinions about how did I play this hand, altough it is not a very remarkable hand, hands like this come very often and I'm sure I've made a mistake but don't know exactly where.
I've just arrived to the table (exactly one orbit before), I have no read on the villan and the villan has no read on me, except that from this 9 hands I limped once on very late position with two more limpers, one limped from second position and bet 4BBs on a Q62 flop, and one opened being UTG for 4BBs and didn't get called.
So, if he was putting attention on my play, he might think I'm a very lose player (I didn't had noticed of the image that I projected on those 9 hands).
So then, this hand comes.
I like the call on the BB, may be also a raise but not with the image I projected in these 9 hands.
Then I think the flop bet was too small, I showeded weakness. Flop call is doubt, I can also fold.
Given that I called the flop, I don't have any clue about what to do with the turn (pot is already 20BBs). Check / Fold ?
And finally, given that I've called the turn (he didn't showed much weakness neither), what should I do with the river bet (around half pot size)?
TIA & Regards ...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($99.50)
CO ($102.55)
Button ($177.30)
SB ($103.25)
Hero ($102.90)
UTG ($39.85)
UTG+1 ($108.20)
MP1 ($24.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($6.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($20.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

River: ($34.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $15</font>, Hero calls $15.

Final Pot: $64.50
Old 09-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: AJs on the BB against opener from the CO

I really hate flat calling here OOP, and I do it way too much. 3-bet that all day long. As played, I would have check-called flop, then re-evaluated the turn. I don't like your weak donk here. However, a lot of players will raise weak donkbets like this with ATC, so after that I like the call-down given the odds he's offering you.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:15 PM

I usually 3bet this, but sometimes if I'm new to the table I'll play it slower to see how my opponents are playing. The donk bet is weak. It's hard not to call down with those odds, but it looks like you are being taken to value town. The river bet is def for value. He could check behind w/ a medium hand, and his bet isn't big enough to be a bluff (especially after you've called every street).
Old 09-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Finally he showed AcQ, for two pairs on the river.
I think I've put my self during the whole hand in this position, don't having a plan for any street.
Thanks for the comments guys.