Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-19-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Funny river spot with 66, NL50

I call a half pot - up to about 2/3 river bet here I think - but not full pot unless I has a note saying "bets full pot on river when bluffing" or something like that.

He just isn't bluffing often enough to make it profitable I think - he's VBing a T oddly or has Q4dd or QT or Qx more than half the time I'd guess, even tho his line does look bluffy.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 PM

two overcards to our handa nd vs small pps we beat 22 and 55
no direct busted draws except kj and heart turn fdraw picked up. You played it like you don't have a queen so I expect he knows he's ahead and I fold.

i'm not sure what I'll do on the turn whether c/c or c/f or bet i think I may just fold 80% or c/call or bet occassioanlly there TBH being OOP 3way.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:54 PM

i'd call depending on how long it took you to call the turn.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:02 PM

I'd usually fold the turn although I don't think calling occasionally is bad. Definitely fold the river though.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded on the turn. I think it is very possible that BB went for the c/r assuming the BTN would c-bet but missed his chance. Now he is trying to get some value out of his hand. I dont see why this cant be a queen, boat, or mayybeee a ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This line looks pretty strong. Best case scenario he has KJ but I still fold turn here.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:09 PM

i usually fold these low pockets on the turn. generally, fold these if you don't hit set to aggression (provided you have no reads). Since he raised preflop, he generally will have something like any pockets or some broadway cards most of the time. Do you really see him betting like this with low pockets or absolute crap on the turn? Maybe, but I don't. Unless he has some undeserving balls to raise this with those hands. I say fold.

But heck, we make calls we regret all the time and on the river, I say it's a definite fold. I remember reading Pokey's well once and he mentions one should bet monsters with monster hands on the river b/c most people will take it as a bluff. And you know what? It works beautifully. If I was in villain's position and had the Q, I would bet half pot on turn like villain and if my opponent calls, I would bet river ridiculously to make it look like a mad bluff.

All in all, I say you're beat most of the time here (turn and river) and I would fold this. =)
Old 11-19-2007, 08:09 PM

meh I usually convince myself he has KJ and snap, then smash something when he flips over trips. This is usually trips or air though.

On a side note, anyone like turning our hand into a bluff and c/ring his weak sauce turn bet to about $10?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh I usually convince myself he has KJ and snap, then smash something when he flips over trips. This is usually trips or air though.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this I dont understand though. Why cant this be a boat or a ten sometimes as well? The only air hand is KJ. I just dont see why everyone is convinced this is air as opposed to simply villain missing a c/r.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 PM

KJ/J9/56/heart draw all missed.

i think calling is slightly +EV. I cant see him betting pot with a 10, nor a Q when its totally obvious you dont have one. Since its totally obvious you dont have one, call is fine.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 PM

I would fold this on the turn, there arn't enough ways to win the pot. You really need a check check on the riv because there's no way to tell if you good considering the riv is going to be another overcard most of the time. Insta fold on the river as played.

my line with small pp, flop a set, c-bet in position, or check fold.