Old 09-21-2006, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Hugo and Rangel

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No comprende.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so I wasn't defending Hugo Chavez or even disrespecting President Bush. So, no comprende hombre.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between attacking the President's policies, and attacking the man personally, and there is a difference between Americans criticizing their president, and the leader of a foreign country, who is a guest on American Soil, personally attacking our head of state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rangle can condemn Chavez's remarks for their substance if he likes - fine- but this thing of him being particularly indignant because Chavez is supposedly "a guest on American soil" is nonsense. He was speaking on the floor of the UN as President of his country, not as a visitor to the US.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:15 AM

Yes, I don't like Chavez, but he was not definitely an American guest while speaking at the UN.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A Democrat springs to Bush's defense after someone launches invective rhetoric against President Bush -- which for the right demands talking points about just how invective the Democrats' rhetoric is.

Criticize President Bush? Outrageous. Defend President Bush? Further proof the Democrats are outrageous.

Yay inscrutable and incoherent narrative!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hugo Chavez is a disgusting hypocritical commie pig with no class. I hate GW btw, but he's still our president. Show some respect hombre!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you hold HC to a higher standard than our own politicians. There is a huge difference between legitimated political debate and flaming. Rangel regularly crosses that line and its inexcusable no matter who is doing it.

His remarks about HC are hypocrisy of the highest order.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A Democrat springs to Bush's defense after someone launches invective rhetoric against President Bush -- which for the right demands talking points about just how invective the Democrats' rhetoric is.

Criticize President Bush? Outrageous. Defend President Bush? Further proof the Democrats are outrageous.

Yay inscrutable and incoherent narrative!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hugo Chavez is a disgusting hypocritical commie pig with no class. I hate GW btw, but he's still our president. Show some respect hombre!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you hold HC to a higher standard than our own politicians. There is a huge difference between legitimated political debate and flaming. Rangel regularly crosses that line and its inexcusable no matter who is doing it.

His remarks about HC are hypocrisy of the highest order.

[/ QUOTE ]

No more hypocritical than you calling someone else dense.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:07 PM

Thank you for your valuable contribution to the thread. A sampling of your whopping 42 posts shows that you arent capable of much else.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between attacking the President's policies, and attacking the man personally, and there is a difference between Americans criticizing their president, and the leader of a foreign country, who is a guest on American Soil, personally attacking our head of state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rangle can condemn Chavez's remarks for their substance if he likes - fine- but this thing of him being particularly indignant because Chavez is supposedly "a guest on American soil" is nonsense. He was speaking on the floor of the UN as President of his country, not as a visitor to the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Rangel attacked Chavez for attacking Bush during a visit to Rangel's district that had nothing to do with the U.N. speech.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I don't like Chavez, but he was not definitely an American guest while speaking at the UN.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my post above for further clarification.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No comprende.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so I wasn't defending Hugo Chavez or even disrespecting President Bush. So, no comprende hombre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soy yo, que no comprendo Senor. Vaya con Dios...