Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Hugo and Rangel

I love Rangel's righteous indignation over Hugo's rhetoric in "my District" when Chavez' speeches could have been cut and paste from his own.

Some enterprising soul should side by side quotes from Chavez with those of the Democrat leadership in a "who said this" quiz. I'd bet that anyone who didnt actually listen to Chavez would fail dismally to separate him from the Dems better than random hits.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Hugo and Rangel

[ QUOTE ]
I love Rangel's righteous indignation over Hugo's rhetoric in "my District" when Chavez' speeches could have been cut and paste from his own.

Some enterprising soul should side by side quotes from Chavez with those of the Democrat leadership in a "who said this" quiz. I'd bet that anyone who didnt actually listen to Chavez would fail dismally to separate him from the Dems better than random hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

While Rangel is certainly a wacko, there really is no equivalence between Rangel's ravings, and what Chavez said. He literally called bush the "devil incarnate." And stated something along the lines of that Bush should "live in misery every day for the rest of his life." Thats quite a bit beyond even Bush's harshest democratic critics.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While Rangel is certainly a wacko, there really is no equivalence between Rangel's ravings, and what Chavez said. He literally called bush the "devil incarnate." And stated something along the lines of that Bush should "live in misery every day for the rest of his life." Thats quite a bit beyond even Bush's harshest democratic critics.

[/ QUOTE ]

the "misery" comment, I agree, that wouldnt fly with anyone but Howard Stern fans

"devil incarnate"..you can probably find something close

Personal insults aside, you can find parallels to Hugo almost daily in Rangel's speeches with the "its all about oil", "WMD lies", "the response to Katrina would have been better if it had a white population" etc.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 PM

A Democrat springs to Bush's defense after someone launches invective rhetoric against President Bush -- which for the right demands talking points about just how invective the Democrats' rhetoric is.

Criticize President Bush? Outrageous. Defend President Bush? Further proof the Democrats are outrageous.

Yay inscrutable and incoherent narrative!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:29 PM

I actually found Rangel's remarks refreshing. I have no idea if he is sincere of whatever but he did the right thing and stood behind a US President. Good job Charlie Rangel!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually found Rangel's remarks refreshing. I have no idea if he is sincere of whatever but he did the right thing and stood behind a US President. Good job Charlie Rangel!

[/ QUOTE ]

See, isn't this the expected response from Bush supporters and apologists? I don't understand "zomg Charlie Rangle defended Bush! Let's talk about how outragous the Democrats are!".
Old 09-21-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the "misery" comment, I agree, that wouldnt fly with anyone but Howard Stern fans

"devil incarnate"..you can probably find something close

Personal insults aside, you can find parallels to Hugo almost daily in Rangel's speeches with the "its all about oil", "WMD lies", "the response to Katrina would have been better if it had a white population" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between attacking the President's policies, and attacking the man personally, and there is a difference between Americans criticizing their president, and the leader of a foreign country, who is a guest on American Soil, personally attacking our head of state. (Especially considering what kind of leader Chavez is in his own country). These were all pointed out in Rangel's speech.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I think Charlie Rangel although as partisan as they come, is worthy of respect. He is a Korean war vet and I love the way he tawks.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A Democrat springs to Bush's defense after someone launches invective rhetoric against President Bush -- which for the right demands talking points about just how invective the Democrats' rhetoric is.

Criticize President Bush? Outrageous. Defend President Bush? Further proof the Democrats are outrageous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hugo Chavez is a disgusting hypocritical commie pig with no class. I hate GW btw, but he's still our president. Show some respect hombre!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hugo Chavez is a disgusting hypocritical commie pig with no class. I hate GW btw, but he's still our president. Show some respect hombre!

[/ QUOTE ]

No comprende.