Default who lied?

500 warheads with banned gas found

And this wont be the last of it.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: who lied?

I'll believe it when I see it on CNN.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:16 PM

Those were the degraded, decomposed, mustard gas shells that were too dangerous to move and were blown up in place right after the invasion. Left overs we sold Saddam from the Iraq/Iran conflict.

Crazy rat bastard Santorium must really be desperate if he is grabbing at those straws.

I have some Liquid Plumber under my Kitchen Sink, RIGHT NOW!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those were the degraded, decomposed, mustard gas shells that were too dangerous to move and were blown up in place right after the invasion. Left overs we sold Saddam from the Iraq/Iran conflict.

Crazy rat bastard Santorium must really be desperate if he is grabbing at those straws.

I have some Liquid Plumber under my Kitchen Sink, RIGHT NOW!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, they werent blown up. They found the filled warheads, that SH CLAIMED were destroyed. Of course they were degraded. Sarin degrades after a matter of months after the precursors have been mixed.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:27 PM

WE blew them up, pinhead. What do you think was done with them, they were placed in the National Archives?

And please explain how some degraded Mustard Gas shells forgotten about in an Iraq dessert posed a "real and imminent" threat to the shores of America. What was Saddam's plan for delivering those degraded shells to America?

I think if you search between France and Germany, you will find a much larger imminent threat there. There is still a lot of unexploded ordinance left over from WWI still in farm fields there. Let's invade Berlin!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:32 PM

Here, read some old news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3407853.stm
Old 06-21-2006, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WE blew them up, pinhead. What do you think was done with them, they were placed in the National Archives?

And please explain how some degraded Mustard Gas shells forgotten about in an Iraq dessert posed a "real and imminent" threat to the shores of America. What was Saddam's plan for delivering those degraded shells to America?

I think if you search between France and Germany, you will find a much larger imminent threat there. There is still a lot of unexploded ordinance left over from WWI still in farm fields there. Let's invade Berlin!

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that SH said they were all destroyed, and the Duelfer report believed him. Prior to this there was never information released that 500 filled warhead were found. There was talk of 6, 11, 17. More importantly this is only the recently declassified portion of the documents and Santorum clearly implied that there is more information to come as the documents are declassified.

You can theorize, possibly correctly, that the timing of the release of further information will be timed to influence the election, but I will lay 3:1 we hear a lot more specifics before November.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:40 PM

Does the right wing nut crazy loon party have any theories of how he was going to attack America with these decomposed shells?

From the AP news wire, about 2 years ago
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caches "dumped"

Altogether 50 of the 120mm unmarked shells were recovered by Danish engineers in the desert area, north of Basra, which was a flashpoint in the Iran-Iraq War.

About 50 more shells are thought to still be buried in the area.

Local residents told troops they had recovered about 400 shells in recent years and had thrown them in the Tigris river, AP reported.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-21-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the right wing nut crazy loon party have any theories of how he was going to attack America with these decomposed shells?

From the AP news wire, about 2 years ago
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caches "dumped"

Altogether 50 of the 120mm unmarked shells were recovered by Danish engineers in the desert area, north of Basra, which was a flashpoint in the Iran-Iraq War.

About 50 more shells are thought to still be buried in the area.

Local residents told troops they had recovered about 400 shells in recent years and had thrown them in the Tigris river, AP reported.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh...give them to terrorist, smuggle them across our porous borders and release them in the subway? Real high tech problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Reading from unclassified portions of a document developed by the U.S. intelligence community, Santorum said, "Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. Despite many efforts to locate and destroy Iraq's pre-Gulf War chemical munitions, filled and unfilled pre-Gulf War chemical munitions are assessed to still exist."

According to Santorum, "That means in addition to the 500, there are filled and unfilled munitions still believed to exist within the country."

Reading from the document, Santorum added, "Pre-Gulf War Iraqi chemical weapons could be sold on the Black Market. Use of these weapons by terrorist or insurgent groups would have implications for coalition forces in Iraq. The possibility of use outside of Iraq cannot be ruled out. The most likely munitions remaining are sarin- and mustard-filled projectiles. And I underscore filled."

Santorum said the "purity of the agents inside the munitions depends on many factors, including the manufacturing process, potential additives and environmental storage conditions."

While acknowledging that the agents "degrade over time," the document said that the chemicals "remain hazardous and potentially lethal."

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the last sentence. They REMAIN..present tense. If he is being misleading and these were destroyed after the invasion than he should be crucified for it. I dont buy that he's that stupid.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:54 PM

I bolded the correct response from the very article you posted to the real and imminent threat of 'terrorists' smuggling decomposing mustard gas shells here.

QUESTION: And can you talk at all about where these munitions were found, where in the country?
SANTORUM: I can't.
HOEKSTRA: I can tell you, but then we couldn't leave the room.

(LAUGHTER)

Try to come back to reality.