Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Sit \'n Go Strategy study group -- Part 2: Mid Blind Play

[ QUOTE ]
how should i change my game a bit for middle blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, what makes you think you need to change it? This thread is really more about how to do SNG analysis than "how do I make $$$ playing teh pokerz?"

Can you re-state your question in the context of an example from the book or a hand you played?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:19 AM

no i cannot for right now i am logging my own hands.
as for the book excerises they do speak for themselves.

i am not so concerned about how to make the most money ,, though that is why we are studying sit and goes to get the most money in the long run eh.

the question how should i change my game for the mid blinds therefore related to the general concepts of the book, that i am missing out. (sometimes i can't see past the edge of my nose )
umm so that the question was asked about what i was talking about what i do currently as opposed to teach me all about the mid blinds.

so i was thinking these threads were about the book and how to apply it. as opposed to how to analyze a sit and go.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, let's get this trainwreck moving again. Hand 2-32... go!

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit late I know, but here goes:

With 13.33M, you are not desperate, but if you have been pretty tight till now, probably a good spot to try to win some chips on the button.

Therefore IMO (and according to Slansky's push or fold system for beginners in TPFAP) if they both limp, I would strongly consider a push with ATs.

However, not so sure if a 4BB raise is called as in the book. OK, there is now a lot more money on the table, but this makes a call more attractive to one or both of the players who both out chip you- the hijack is getting almost 2:1 odds and if he calls the cut-off is getting almost 3:1 (admittedly in a three-way).

Does everyone agree with Moshman's principle that you should be more inclined to resteal against a stealer and a caller than against a single stealer? Seems to me that more strength has been shown and with two players already in the pot, it is more likely you will get at least one caller.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone agree with Moshman's principle that you should be more inclined to resteal against a stealer and a caller than against a single stealer?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called a squeeze play and is good if you think the initial raiser is raising light and the caller is calling wide because he thinks the raiser is raising light. Dan Harrington details this in HOH.