Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Best book for cash games online?

Hey, I'm wondering what the best books are for online NL cash games. I was wondering if there is some poker book that specifically addresses online play vs live play. Maybe addresses the differences in levels, sites, etc...

I already have Sklansky's NL hold'em and it's really good just that I don't feel it addresses anything specific online.(not dissing the book, probably even made it better in my opinion)

I don't care if a book is not really for online play just which book seemed to help your online play the most? Or how can I apply really good books like super system etc... to online

Any thoughts??
Old 09-30-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Best book for cash games online?

I have "Online Ace" by Scott Fischman, but it's only helpful if you're a beginner. If you are, check it out. I think most books aren't for Cash Games (although the Sklansky book you have is fairly good for that), but the recently published "Professional No-Limit Hold'Em" by Flynn, Mehta, and Miller focuses on Cash, so it can be applied to online. I strongly suggest that one.

FWIW, I've read Super System and it's a good starting point, but EVERYONE has read supersystem now and I feel that it's lost most of it's value (except to emphasize aggression... it's still a good thing). I haven't read SS2, so I couldn't tell you if that's a winner or not.

BTW, this should probably be moved to "Books and Publications" where you can use the search function and find what you're looking for.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Best book for cash games online?

Alright thanks yeah I didnt know there was a books and publications section woops.