Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 07:30 AM

Default KK got c/r on 7 high flop

Only played 12 hands v opponent, he's played 38% of his hands, table has been tightish.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($24.55)
MP ($17.85)
Button ($9.85)
SB ($46.05)
BB ($59.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $8</font>, Hero?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: KK got c/r on 7 high flop

This is a horrible situation, especially with the other guy left to act behind you.

You've got position on sb so I don't think he's check raising with the flush draw, unless it's something like 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Much more likely is he's flopped a set or weird 2 pair, though I'm not sure he'd be calling a raise with anything that makes 2 pair on that board. PP&gt;7 may play it like this.

MP's so far flat called 2 bets from you in pos so he obviously still likes his hand. It's hard to put a range on him without knowing how loose he is but hands like K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] would probably play it this way. If he has a pair then he's normally going to fold your cbet, though I guess 88-TT would often call your flop bet.

Right now you are getting ~3/1 and I'm really struggling to work out what to do! With MPs most likely hand being the FD calling I think is really bad because it give him such a cheap turn card. Folding seems really really weak, the only hands SB is beating us with is a set, also the pot is getting quite large. If we choose to raise then with stack sizes as they are we are pushing.

So, for me I think pushing is the best option followed by folding. Calling is the worst because it pretty much commits us to the pot while still allowing the fd to come along cheaply.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:59 AM

I don't see what kind of 2 pair SB could have called a standard PFR with, so I think it's likely to be a set. I wouldn't think it's just a flush draw either, so I think it's a fold.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:26 AM

*grunch*
Often this is a lower overpair or sometimes TPTK. obv set is large part of their range, but so is 88-JJ. At 25NL many people will cold call with pairs and won't reraise with less than QQ or JJ.

I either shove or fold depending on my mood. Usually the more I am down for the session th emore likely I am to push. Sound poker strategy.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:14 PM

just fold unless u have a reason not to

gettin stacked with overpairs even KK AA in pots that werent 3bet for full stacks is a major leak

people just dont play worse hands this way enough to justify calling down, and most of the worse hands have strong draws. sometimes HU vs bad players u can call a small cr and then proceed with extreme caution but u dont want to be gettin it all in so if they pot the turn or there abouts leaving less than a PSB for the river u should ditch.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:17 PM

I'm curious if it is common for SB to c/r here with 88-JJ, I'm guessing he might donk more often holding those, something large due to the flush draw on flop?

Also let's say we had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here, how would we react to a c/r (just call?), also I'm guessing we would prolly cbet less with AKs?