Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Remaining Focused

I've recently started playing the 4 and 10 180 man tournaments on stars. I've had decent success with a few wins and many ITMs.

Recently, however I've noticed a very similar pattern in my play. About an hour or two into the tournament I start playing very badly. It's almost as if I'm on tilt. I will just make horrible plays which lately have resulted in me going out near or on the bubble.

First, I decided I was just getting bored so I would play more tables.(I usually four table) So I would have the tournament going and 5 cash games or SNG's going. However I have still found myself doing the same thing, donking all my chips off. It's weird because I know when Im doing it and I do it anyways.

So basically I would just like some tips you use to stay focused late in tournaments. Anything would be appreciated.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Remaining Focused

Try to pay attention to the hands that you aren't actively a part of. Try to pick up reads.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Remaining Focused

I used to do this too. I eventually just slowed down and realized that while these are VERY soft, you've got a few gems in there that play very well. I started slowing down and thinking about every play, reviewing my PT and PAHud info before donking around late when I KNEW I was behind in a hand.