Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-28-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
DB must be a genius. Sure he's a great player, but it goes beyond that.

But somehow, he has tricked Jamie Gold in a special way. For some odd reason, Jamie has taken it upon himself to prove to David that he can be a great bluffer, and so everytime a bluffing opportunity arises, Jamie can't help but hurl chips in David's direction.

Of course, DB is good humored about the whole thing. He even compliments Jamie on his bluff with 83o when David only had like 9 or T high or whatever, which of course wasn't a great bluff, but you could tell that it really did stroke Jamie's ego. All the while in other hands, David continues to fleece Jamie, and Jamie couldn't be happier about it.

Genius. Sheer genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

True so true. He and Barry are outstanding to keep the fish happy and having a good feeling about themself. Very important skill when playing these stakes I would say.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But somehow, he has tricked Jamie Gold in a special way. For some odd reason, Jamie has taken it upon himself to prove to David that he can be a great bluffer, and so everytime a bluffing opportunity arises, Jamie can't help but hurl chips in David's direction.

Of course, DB is good humored about the whole thing. He even compliments Jamie on his bluff with 83o when David only had like 9 or T high or whatever, which of course wasn't a great bluff, but you could tell that it really did stroke Jamie's ego. All the while in other hands, David continues to fleece Jamie, and Jamie couldn't be happier about it.

Genius. Sheer genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

True so true. He and Barry are outstanding to keep the fish happy and having a good feeling about themself. Very important skill when playing anything that involves money I would say.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 05:36 PM

Great episode, I loved Gabe's comment "somewhere a Cirque De Soleil performance is paying for Mr. Doyle Brunson"
Old 11-28-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Genius. Sheer genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

True so true. He and Barry are outstanding to keep the fish happy and having a good feeling about themself. Very important skill when playing these stakes I would say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think HSP has done a lot to explain why Benyamine won so much money playing live poker.

...and why he lost so much playing online.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 PM

soooo sick guy decided to fish that money to doyle. he knew how bad he played it to but he just doesnt care , he just felt like playing a huge pot with the poker legend doyle brunson. Apart from that hand i thought he played very well considering the money has no meaning to him.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people are such PA ball lickers....

If you substitute Gold in for PA in the hand against Farha it is the worst play ever. But because it is PA he is the best cash game player ever. I bet if you asked him the moment Farha insta-called him he was thinking to himself he was the worst and how do I get [censored] stains out of my pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this play is much better coming from Gold than from PA. When you have a loose bluffy image like Gold has, the value of top pair goes waaaaaaaaaay up.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you substitute Gold in for PA in the hand against Farha it is the worst play ever. But because it is PA he is the best cash game player ever

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help agreeing with this..., though I know he is a great player and Gold is a terrible player. I can't explain this play though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I can think of is that they have so much history, he knows that they'll be running it multiple times if Farha has anything and he'll win the pot if he doesn't. Very few times will he be very far behind and he'll get to run it multiple times if he does (so he won't lose the whole stack).
Old 11-28-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Davids read was spot on...

[/ QUOTE ]

solid
Old 11-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Best episode of the season. Crazy action, great hands, Doyle wins a big pot, and Gabe was spot on and hilarious.

Anyone notice how much more relaxed the table was after Jamie left? PA and SF were giddy during their hand.

DN "Did I miss anything?"
Table "No..."

lol
Old 11-28-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you substitute Gold in for PA in the hand against Farha it is the worst play ever. But because it is PA he is the best cash game player ever

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help agreeing with this..., though I know he is a great player and Gold is a terrible player. I can't explain this play though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I can think of is that they have so much history, he knows that they'll be running it multiple times if Farha has anything and he'll win the pot if he doesn't. Very few times will he be very far behind and he'll get to run it multiple times if he does (so he won't lose the whole stack).

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that Farha was just getting razzed a bunch by Doyle and the others about just checking his AA hand on the river. Its quite possible that PA thought Farha was steaming a bit and just chomping at the bit to put a move on him.