Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 01:19 AM

Default A7s

Official "I'm running bad and haven't posted a hand in a while" thread.
Not enough hands for Hud stats, but villian is Lag and steals a lot. Standard?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 12-30-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Re: A7s

I play it the same (doesn't make it standard). I don't think we're good on the river enough to call.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:23 AM

I fold preflop. I also check call the turn. I just don't think we find a fold often enough and I obviously want to see the river.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:32 AM

How about considering a turn c/r?
1) If you check, he checks, great you get a free card.
2) If you c/r the turn, you might be able to fold a better hand and if he calls, and you don't improve, I doubt he'll bluff the river and chances are you're no good. If you make your hand, you get more money in there.
3) This opponent looks like he's capable of semi-bluff c/r catching the heart draw. I doubt he'll 3B semi-bluff if you c/r the turn.

Anybody like this line?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:38 AM

I think the preflop 3bet is good against a LAG who steals alot. What's PokerStars' blind structure for 5-10?

I like check-call on the turn (though seeing villain's raise makes it easier to say that). Villain has at least a gutshot with any two cards 8 or higher. We don't know a lot about villain, but you probably don't have a lot of fold equity against his range, and you're probably not ahead.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:43 AM

Is this guy very SD bound? Is he a fairly good LAG? If he's one of those idiots who call down everything, forget about the turn c/r play but I think you have to at least CONSIDER the play.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:06 AM

Looks standard.

Preflop and flop are super duper standard.

The turn is close tho IMO.
If he is SD bound there isnt any better hand you fold by betting, any better A has a straight draw. AK and AJ is definetely not folding, maybe A9 is.
Also since he is Laggy he will raise a lot on this board that hits his range pretty well. So if you decide you wont call a river UI if he raises turn, I think you should at least consider a turn c/c. (Tho I feel so incredibly weak when I do it)
Old 12-30-2006, 11:03 AM

I think this is good enough to 3-bet preflop vs. this player. The turn is a pretty tough spot, but we want to see the river and we'll get raised here a lot against a LAG so I think I just check/call.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:15 PM

Preflop:

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is good enough to 3-bet preflop vs. this player.

[/ QUOTE ]

3B A7s? Puhlezzeee.

- You're against a CO raise, not a button steal. Who is "this player?" OP didn't say he was a Lag or maniac.

- Your kicker sucks. You're subject to domination if an ace comes. Your subject to a lot of things if a seven comes.

- Your OOP.

- PS Blind structure at 5/10 is $2 SB. Calling has got to be marginal if not a loser.

- Your suited so you'll make the nut flush 3% of the time. If thats what you want, why would you charge yourself an extra bet for the long shot and simultaneously knock out one of your potenial payoff players. You won't show a positive return on your investment back that way.

Postflop:

Betting that turn was very risky. What do you think he might have that he raises preflop, calls a three bet with and calls a bet on the flop with? Looks like two bigs or a Broadway pair he's trapping with. When you make that bet you are hoping he has JJ, AJ or AK. You might have gotten a free look at the river from AJ or AK by repping ATs or JJ afraid of the Queen.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:09 PM

Tom,
He was a pretty big Lag. Obv. I felt I had the best hand preflop. On the flop, the typical lag in this game will almost never fold, call with both air &amp; big hands and probably raise draws and marginal made hands like bottom &amp; middle pair.
I'm thinking this probably adds up to a turn C/C.