Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 08:28 PM

Default 10NL - Bluff inducing, do you like?

Button is a new player

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.75
Hero (BB): $10.85
UTG: $16.00
MP: $12.00
CO: $16.70
BTN: $9.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $0.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, MP folds, BTN calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.55) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, BTN calls $1.00

River: ($3.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks...

Pot Size: $3.55 ($0.15 Rake)

I figured if he missed a draw he would try to fire at me, checking down any pair he has in his hand, but really the flop bet doesn't convince me he has a pair...

What do you guys think?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Bluff inducing, do you like?

I just bet for value here against an unknown, since I think in general it will be more profitable with your average player being pretty passive.

If the player was known to be a bit more aggro and you were looking to induce then I do like this line [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 08:48 PM

I'm a little iffy. You checkraised flop, and lead out 2/3 pot on turn. Your story is "I'm strong, I'm strong... I'm weak bet me out!" I think a semi-thinking player may be able to sniff out this trap. If you see a bet, I think most often a jack with a better kicker (many pairs will check behind for a cheap showdown) rather than a bluff, at which case your checking still works to keep showdown cheaper.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:50 PM

yeah get all the value you can out of this hand. bet atleast pot or maybe alittle more on the river. you will be surprised with what people call with at this limit
Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 PM

wtf? we've basically got tpwk. the river doesn't help us at all. if we were ahead, we're still ahead, if behind, just behinder.

I like bluff inducing more than anyone, but this doesn't fit the bill. I'll check a strongish hand to an agressive player when a scarecard hits, because I figure I'm better against his betting range than against his calling range. This is the opposite: a passive player and a weak hand.

Frankly I think we're checking for pot control on the river, because nothing we beat calls a bet. What, 62 for two pair? J4? We'll suck the marrow out of that kind of moron soon enough, no need to squeeze pennies out now.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 PM

i actually love this play a lot and often use it in heads up for a CRAI but you kind of need to have reads on villian(failry aggressive, floats a lot). with a new villian i think you do need to bet about 3/4 pot for value on the river.

I would also rather lead out about 1/2 pot on the flop
Old 10-02-2007, 10:22 PM

Yeah, checking here might be more for pot control rather than bluff inducing. I think I might still fire 2.50 here.