Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: World\'s Largest Fully Automated Poker Room

[ QUOTE ]
My friend hit the BBJ sat night he was on winning end and it was 15k

[/ QUOTE ]

The bad beat Holdem poker jackpot was hit on a Friday night (early Sat. morning), when the room was crowded. It hit on the very first table you see, as you enter the room and the table you see clearly, when standing outside the room. It hit on a nl game, not a 3/6 limit game.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:52 PM

So how full is the room getting on the weekends? Do the HU tables get much play? How are things going in general.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:01 PM

Saturday night pretty much all the full tables were in use. They had to combine two cash tables to free up a table for the midnight turny, and limit the entries for it to 10. I haven't seen much heads up action on the 2 man tables. I was hoping to maybe hook up with magoo or totaly focused and get them to play some with me.

Kind of a funny incident happened to me around 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning. I was sitting at my table, with my back to the entrance (curse you Jack McCall!) when I noticed the eyes of the other players drift over my shoulder. 2 security hacks stood on either side of me and one of them said "Sir, please place your hands on the table and push your chair back" I looked over at the guy on my left and very wittily replied "whaaa?"

I swear to God, the first split second thing that went thru my head was I was going to be accused of cheating, then the next split second thing was "How the eff can I cheat on these tables?"

Anyway, the first guy repeated, "Sir, step away from the table", and the guy on my right chimed in "We are going to confiscate that beer" And they were coming off extremely heavy handed, kinda like in cop mode.

Like most place but Vegas, the bar closes at 2 a.m. here. They give you what I think is a liberal amount of time to finish, and aren't afraid to let you order 2 or even 3 at a time at last call, but as a rule all bottles, even empties, need to be out of site by what seems to be 2:20 a.m. I've been there enough at closing to know this. I had even mentioned this fact to the others at my table when it came time to get rid of the bottles, and had carried several to the trash can myself.

Anyway, it was getting late, I'd been playing on and off since 1 pm, and wasn't thinking at my clearest. Which isn't all that clear to begin with. I was sitting, as I often do, close to the table and hunched over, with both my arms underneath it. Apparently, they thought I was ratholing a beer underneath it. I just pushed away, stood up, and said "what beer?" I was embarassed when my chair fell over when I slid it back, I hadn't meant for that to happened and just drew more attention to myself.

I didn't hear what one of the security guys muttered, I was getting that steam in my ears stupidity I'm familiar with. I just folded the hand I was already in and turned around and walked out. I really regret I didn't stay and pitch a semi-fit. The least they could have done before shaking me down like that was ASK me if I had a beer. Being on the border with the time change 0.8 miles away, one could have easily confused the closing time of the bar, and no one ever once asked me if I had an adult beverage, and if so to give it up.

I talked to another security gaurd later, and he said what came over their ear piece was a beligerent patron was refusing to give up his beer after last call. I blame it on whatever waitress it was, but damn, I'm a big tipper and want to figure out who it was so I can skip her.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:15 AM

can somebody please give a report on the HUHU action? i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] myself some HULHE, but Mr. Gatorade has me leery of playing it online.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:45 AM

This makes me want to go to Chicago to play this. I love the idea of these tables, anyone have a directory of where they are or anything, like are there any in Florida, I'll be there later this year.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:49 AM

I want to open one of these places immediately!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Sly I will be there this weekend and tommorow nighjt if your goin . My friend took the first bad beat jackpot lol15k he did the beatin lol anyways see ya there man. remeber detroit hat