Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 12:29 PM

Default 2/4 KK, River laydown

Villain is 30.7/6.7/2.8/88 WTSD: 21.4, River aggr: 2.0

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Good fold?
c/c is better against this villain, right?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: 2/4 KK, River laydown

Realize that this guy has a very high aggression factor. Take a look at his river aggression. If it's very high, and he is the type who might bluff-raise here or bluff-bet if checked to, I'd consider a check call here. The flush kills you, if he had a straight draw you want to induce a bet, and this type of guy might blindly bet a Q or something like that just because he feels like being aggressive.

Against many more passive opponents I'd much prefer bet-fold, but I lean toward check-call here based on the numbers you've given.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:37 PM

What's your read on villan's flop raise given his passive play pre-flop? If I counted right, the pot is laying you something like 11-1 on the river for the call. Your probably beat but how often would this player get out of line?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:47 PM

alright, enough pictures for now, back to words.

I'm guessing your sample size on villain is pretty small considering you are reporting a WTSD of 21%. This means that villains aggresion factor is likely meaningless. Since VPIP/PFR converge much faster we can likely infer that villain is passivish from his low pfr compared to VPIP. Because of this I like the way you played the river and would do the same.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Realize that this guy has a very high aggression factor. Take a look at his river aggression. If it's very high, and he is the type who might bluff-raise here or bluff-bet if checked to, I'd consider a check call here. The flush kills you, if he had a straight draw you want to induce a bet, and this type of guy might blindly bet a Q or something like that just because he feels like being aggressive.

Against many more passive opponents I'd much prefer bet-fold, but I lean toward check-call here based on the numbers you've given.

[/ QUOTE ]

His river aggression is 2.0 and he doesn't go to many showdowns as you see. When I got raised I immediately regret the bet considering the likelihood that a check would induce a bet anyway.

I couldn't decide what to do, do you think it's worth to call considering a JT or Qx bluffing the scare card?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alright, enough pictures for now, back to words.

I'm guessing your sample size on villain is pretty small considering you are reporting a WTSD of 21%. This means that villains aggresion factor is likely meaningless. Since VPIP/PFR converge much faster we can likely infer that villain is passivish from his low pfr compared to VPIP. Because of this I like the way you played the river and would do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had 88 hands and no read because I multitabled for the moment.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:56 PM

1. I think if we check we have to call.

2. I think if we bet and get raised we basically have to fold.

If we are not confident enough to fold to a raise because we're concerned about a bluff, we shouldn't have bet in the first place. That's the key point, in my opinion.