Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 06:32 PM

Default PLO8 or NLO8 tourneys or cash games in Vegas?

This is one of those topics where I'm sure its been discussed before, but its difficult to search for due to getting tons of limit results in your searches. Any help would be appriciated. Looking for any tourneys from $50-$500 and any cash game stakes from $1/2-$5/10. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: PLO8 or NLO8 tourneys or cash games in Vegas?

When are you going there? I am also looking for this kind of info. as I am there in October.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:27 AM

The Venentian will spread it if there is enough interest. I've played 1/2 pl08 there about 5 times.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:01 PM

On the 2nd friday of each month Binion's has omaha tournament weekends. All buy ins $150.

Fri - PLO, Sat - PLO8, Sun - LO8

They also cap the rake for all omaha games at $2 during the week and on tournament weekends (very nice). I haven't checked this out myself yet but am planning a trip for Nov. Saturdays during the tournament weekends might be the best time to get a live PLO8 game going since that is when the PLO8 tourney is. Search Felicia's (the moderator for this forum) posts and check out her blog. I'm pretty sure she has commented on this.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:15 PM

D-Grief, I just moved here about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks luckbalks. From now on when I play NLHE there, I guess I might as well start a list of interest and see what happens. What was the quality of the play like there?

jxc, thanks a ton...I'll definitely check those out.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those topics where I'm sure its been discussed before, but its difficult to search for due to getting tons of limit results in your searches. Any help would be appriciated. Looking for any tourneys from $50-$500 and any cash game stakes from $1/2-$5/10. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send me a PM when you're going to be there and I'll help you get a game started, preferably at either the Wynn or Venetian. I'm usally in Vegas twice a month for several days at a time, so PM me or drop me an email. I'd like to play an uncapped 2-5-10 or 5-10-20 game.

-Tex
Old 09-16-2007, 11:52 PM

I was at Binion's this past weekend. It is as advertised, but interest is minimal. It was a nice 1/2 PLO8/PLO game that later because PLO8/Juarez.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Send me a PM when you're going to be there and I'll help you get a game started, preferably at either the Wynn or Venetian. I'm usally in Vegas twice a month for several days at a time, so PM me or drop me an email. I'd like to play an uncapped 2-5-10 or 5-10-20 game.

-Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the offer....would definitely like to get some of these games started. But since I live here, why don't you just let me know when you're in town and we'll organize it then. I would much rather play later at night(after 9PM) if that works ok with your schedule.

My bankroll couldn't handle a pot limit game with $20 blinds though, and I think it'd be much tougher to get a higher stakes game started too. Would $2/5 be too low for you?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:20 AM

if it's uncapped i'll play 2/5.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

The weekend 8 pm-on manager at Caesar's (name Mike S.) will spread 2-5 uncapped pl hi/lo, cool guy, hooks it up for the players, and great wild game too