Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: OFFICIAL NCAAF Rank\'em thread: October 14, 2007

Its a win and a hiccup shouldnt make u move back but it can prevent u from moving foward. USF 2 or 3 imo!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, Boston college is #2 or #3 at worse once the new rankings come out. You guys ranking them 7-10th is funny.

I mean, if they win out, they're most likely in the BCS title game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not believe that Boston College is one of the top five teams in the country this season, at this point. I'm not attempting to predict where they will be ranked in the official polls (obviously they'll be 2-3 like you say). I think they're overranked, though, and that it's pointless to talk about what will happen *if* they go undefeated because I think they have less than a 5% chance of doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think they have less than a 5% chance? Would you like to give me 25-1 on $20 they go undefeated?

BC last 5 games are:

VT on the road.
Florida State at home.
Maryland on the road.
Clemson on the road.
Miami at home.

I think the hardest game will be VT. If they beat VT, I can easily see them going 12-0 and playing for the BCS title.

So how about that wager?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have about a 10% chance of going undefeated. They're at best 50% against Virginia Tech on the road and 50% in the title game against Virginia Tech or Virginia. That alone knocks them down to 25%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want to give me 10 to 1 on $20 on them going undefeated?
Old 10-14-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's ridiculous and I can't believe I actually believe it, but USF is the #1 team in the country this week. I just can't see why they shouldn't be right now.

1. USF
2. OSU
3. LSU
4. BC
5. OU
6. WVU
7. ASU
8. USCe
9. UK
10. USCw

[/ QUOTE ]

If almost losing to Florida Atlantic isn't good enough reason to put them out of the top 5, I don't know what is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they had a bad game but so what? Rankings are relative, and almost everyone else has a loss or some other blemish. Basically OSU is the only team with no unimpressive performances but they've also played a weak schedule so...I dunno. SFU has two impressive wins thus far so of course I put them in the top five. I know they got 6 TO's against WVU but I was still very impressed with their D. Although that might just be because I'm a Michigan fan and we've had a spot of trouble against spread teams, especially ones that run the ball.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:53 AM

My top 10:

1) tOSU - weak schedule, but dominating in games they are supposed to. Defense looks to be one of the best in the country.
2) LSU - tough loss against a good team in 3 OTs, I can't think of anyone who really deserves to be #2
3) Oklahoma - Fell asleep at Colorado, but a dangerous team.
4) Kansas - Looks good, played no one, definitely deserving until they lose
5) Oregon - Close loss against Cal, offense looks great. Probably the team to beat in the Pac-10 at this point
6) South Carolina - uSC looks outstanding at times and questionable at others. The drubbing they put on Kentucky speaks volumes about their upside, especially after the Kentucky upset. Only loss is a respectable 28-16 loss @ LSU.
7) Kentucky - Talented, but unpredictable. Looked great against LSU's supposedly unstoppable defense, but got throttled by SC.
8) Arizona State - Undefeated, played no one so far, but they keep chugging. Not a great team, but this year, not many are.
9) Boston College - Another undefeated untested team. A 13 point win over ND is pretty weak, but solid wins over GT and Wake Forest are nice.
10) South Florida - They beat Auburn when Auburn was down, and beat West Virginia in an incredibly sloppy game. That's why I'm putting South Florida in the top 10 and not lower. Close game against FAU- inexcusable. Expect at least 2 losses in their future.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a win and a hiccup shouldnt make u move back but it can prevent u from moving foward. USF 2 or 3 imo!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible logic. This is the same logic that had Wisconsin at #5. Close wins against crappy teams usually indicates a crappy team. LSU losing @ UK should be worth more than barely winning against a team that is always on the ESPN Bottom 10.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:05 PM

I like the Tom Collins top 10.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible logic. This is the same logic that had Wisconsin at #5. Close wins against crappy teams usually indicates a crappy team. LSU losing @ UK should be worth more than barely winning against a team that is always on the ESPN Bottom 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, I don't think USF stays undefeated past this week(of course I feel like USF is going to lose to Rutgers) but I'm not gonna fault them for one game. They went to Auburn and beat them, down or not, that ended up being a damn good win. They took out WVU at home, WVU had a down game and I'm sure they are kicking themselves for doing it.

Personally I know they are a top 5 team this year when any other year they are top 15. OSU has to be top 3, LSU I feel has to be top 3 right now, the rest is interchangable. Personally, with an obvious bias, I think USF is #1 at the moment. Maybe it is horrible logic, but I'm having fun with all this and it's been a very enjoyable season.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:14 PM

1 OSU
2 USF
3 LSU
4 Oklahoma
5 BC
6 Oregon
7 Kentucky
8 South Carolina
9 Cal
10 Arizona St
11 VT
12 WVU
13 USC
14 Missouri
15 Florida
16 Kansas
17 Auburn
18 Cincy
19 Texas
20 Tennessee
21 Ttech
22 UGA
23 Michigan
24 PSU
25 Illinois
Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 PM

My poll is my opinion but it is also what I think the pollsters will vote for. i dont think USF will be voted #1 nor do I think they will have any 1st place votes. Don't we all love that Cinderella story. Last yrs Boise St team. I would love to see all these ranked teams get knocked off and see Hawaii vs USF BCS Title game it would great. I love the lil guys!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:27 PM

re: BC going undefeated bet...

no chance. im an alum and i promise you they will let people down. in the not so official ranking thread i said i think they will end the season with 3 loses pre bowl game.

this is a team that has a history of blowing a game they should win (maybe a maryland, see: syracuse a few years back) and a history of losing to a down on the year but talented team (see: miami last year).

they tend to play well against VT so that should be interesting. but even if they win that, they will still lose a regular season game.

any odds bet is probably in the favor of the guy betting against BC but to win 20 risking 500 is about as dumb as thinking BC can run the table.

yes i know this is a different team (with the coach and a legit QB with experience) but some this team is so untested its sad. WF wasnt that good although i was impressed by their FSU win but losing to nebraska is more pathetic now than before...and GT is so up and down a win over them (albeit in atlanta) proves little.

and yes i hate on my school but all my toolbox friends have been rock hard for a month now and im sick of it...