Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Beat: Mom Disowns Me

Beat: So my mom basically found out about me playing online again. I lost a little bit last year at one point, and she was already against poker as it was, so that just made her flip her lid completely. I calmed things down by telling her i'd never gamble online again. From that point on I made a pact with myself to study the game like never before and a year later, I'm back at it, but this time I am actually making money. I feel stronger about my game than ever before. I have seen a decent income 4 tabling 50 NL lately and in the $55 6 max 54 person tournies. Now I tell her this, and how i'm not gambling, how I can calculate ev on the spot, and how statistically its not gambling in my opinion. But she won't hear any of that. She says if I cared about her at all I would stop, but since i'm not she says she obviously means crap to me. This is such a depressing thing to happen. My mom raised me single, and I have always been close to her. For her to say that hurts. She also added that she is not going to pay for my car insurance or cell phone anymore. I responded thats fine, I can afford that. She then hangs up on me.

Have any of you had similar experiences, how did you handle them?

Brag: I'm up 1.5k over the last week after taking some time off to study some videos of people playing online and hand histories, so that makes me kind of happy, but not really...

Variance: Spring Break is tomorrow, and I'm supposed to go with my family and some other relatives on a ski trip to Timberline for a week. Won't that be fun now.

BBV WHAT SHOULD I DO?