Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 AM

Default another tipping thread - split pot games

searched and could not find...in low limit split pot games, like 3/6 or 4/8 omaha, is it being cheap to tip 1 every other pot since youre only getting half? the tips seem to really eat away when youre only getting 20-30$ most the time.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 AM

Default Re: another tipping thread - split pot games

"in low limit split pot games, like 3/6 or 4/8 omaha, is it being cheap to tip 1 every other pot since youre only getting half?"

No, it's not being cheap.

And I don't care what my buddy Photoc says, that was a damn good question.

Happy pokering,

Howard
Old 08-17-2006, 11:11 AM

You can always just throw the dealer a couple bucks on their way out of the box.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:12 AM

I used to play a 5/10 O8 game live and if it was a small pot and I only got half, I waited til the next one. If it was a decent size pot, I'd tip $1 even for half, but this is at 5/10. Problem is, with a 30 min. shift, there might not be a next one, but that's tough.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:19 PM

The other thing to 'member 'bout Omaha is it takes a lot longer to deal. They get considerably fewer hands/hour out. So don't be TOO stingy.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...is it being cheap to tip 1 every other pot since youre only getting half?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's normal.

More discussion on tipping in split pot games can be found at Another tipping thread - split pot games (2005)
Old 08-25-2006, 07:17 PM

When I playing low-limit O8, I try to get 50c pieces from the dealer so I can tip these in split pots. I also do this if I am playing 1-5 stud for tips in very small pots (although I only play stud while waiting for seats in other games).
Old 08-25-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Edited by *TT*?

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen edited by *TT* at the bottom of someone else's post. What does that mean?

I understand deleting a post you don't feel appropriate, or moving a post, but does this mean mods can go around editing people's posts?

Not only is that censorship, but it presents the danger that a poster could be taken out of context. Wow, I never knew stuff like that was doing on.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Edited by *TT*?

[ QUOTE ]

I understand deleting a post you don't feel appropriate, or moving a post, but does this mean mods can go around editing people's posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does actually. First ammendment and censorship doesn't take precidence in a privately owned forum. 2+2 has 100% control over the content that appears in these forums and have appointed mods to oversee them. The mods are basically 2+2 running the forums.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Edited by *TT*?

I once had a post of mine edited. I had posted a long string of numbers that messed up the browser window. A mod edited my post so that this wouldn't happen, and it didn't change the point of my post. It does consern me that any post could be COMPLETELY different than what the poster originaly wrote, but I think (hope) that this is not what is happening, and that it is just a matter of cleaning up bas formating (as in my case). It would be nice if mods would leave a note as to the nature of the edit, but I guess if we don't like it, we don't have to post here.

(I don't think anyone is questioning the right of 2+2 to edit other peoples posts, just the appropaterness of it.)