Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 03:21 PM

Default 2 turn decisions with Tp

Both are unknown. I hate those situations where I'm stuck between folding and calling down but never have the slightest idea without any read.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Julezz is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, Julezz calls, BB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
Julezz checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Julezz calls, BB folds.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
Julezz checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Julezz raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Julezz...

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Julezz is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Julezz 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, Julezz calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 2 players)
Julezz checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Julezz calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
Julezz checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Julezz raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, Julezz is scratching his head again and...
Old 05-30-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: 2 turn decisions with Tp

hand 1 reraise preflop. I call down here.
hand 2 I think we can fold the river UI. not sure about the turn c/r, I'll run some #s when I get home.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:29 PM

1. I hate PF.

Must call down now, donking the turn is better in any case. Folding on any card isn't an option on the river either.

2. Bet turn is my line, call down if raised. Here it's really diffcult to tell, pot's too big to fold again against unknown.

I can put BTN on a dozen hands that would beat you here, maybe he's 3-betting for FSD.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I hate PF.

Must call down now, donking the turn is better in any case. Folding on any card isn't an option on the river either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Tho I might fold a K

Hand 2)
I wouldnt c/r the turn, actually I think its spewy without reads. I dont know what to to with the 3-bet cuz I dont get in that spot.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:58 PM

Basiclly agree with the Tenor.

1. raise pre to get rid og the BB and provide dead money and get some FE if you both miss. If the BB is loosy goosy call is good though.

As playxed must call down. Dont really know about donking but it seems good because he could chk behind all his AK AQ AT Hands bet meh c/r is good too since he bet his AK AQ still a lot of the Time as he does with 88 77 99 etc so i like it either way.

2. I hate the Turn c/r too but wouldnt donk either. His preflop cap represents strenght and a lot of Hand raise you if you donk and you end up calling down while in the same place all his Hands that he caps and that youre ahead of bet the Turn here too imho. Dependend on teh Card i like a River donk much more i guess. Bottom line is c/r is worst here imho, b/c or c/c then b/c. Good thing with the second line is that he might not raise AA KK on the River fearing a str8 or 2 pair wich he might would raise on teh Turn&gt; depends on the opponent and the cards though.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:38 AM

Can you explain why donking the turn is better than c/r? Is calling down after his bet also an option?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 AM

when he bets your equity vs his range is worse than when you bet into him because villain checks behind unpaired hands and low PPs a lot here (ie AK AJ 88).
Old 05-31-2007, 09:56 AM

Turn donk is better because youre bhind vs AA KK QQ TT and only ahead of AK JJ maybe AK KQ if this is his capping range. So by donking you prvent AK JJ from taking a freebie and you can only get raised paying 1 bet when behind. If you c/r you often get 3 bet because he has a lot of strong hands AA and KK will also 3bet alot wich they shouldnt imho but most ppl overplay it esp at the lower limits id say. So you basiclly pay 2 bets when behind wich you are if he 3bets and only 1 bet if you just donk and because youre behind vs most of his range you want to take aline wich looses you the least when behind but still win some for the Times when ahead. As i said i think he bets his Hands youre ahead of on the Turn too and because some ppl dont raise AA KK on the River anymore but would on the Turn i like c/c Turn b/c River a little more.