Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Identifying other 2p2ers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say less than 10% of the active 2+2ers are good players. Just because you post on 2+2 doesn't mean you know what your doing. Luckily for the other 90% there is a path to enlightenment

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to highjack the thread, but since this was mentioned, how do we know when reading the strategy forums to avoid the advice from the losing players? Or is simply the discussion and thinking about hands the benefit in and of itself? At least books have a supposed expert behind the material. With only 10% of posters being winners, the consensus of opinion on how to play a hand could be the losing opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You test the theory behind their answers to make sure it's sound and +EV. As you get better it's easier to spot shoddy advice.

b
Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fair point. Unfortunately, it seems that you and I have never crossed that I am aware of. I did ask a guy once, at TI, if he was Bav, and he said no. If you're ever heading down there, give me a ring (pm for the number). Would be nice to finally meet.

[/ QUOTE ]
We've crossed paths. I know you. You know me now but don't know you do. Isn't mystery fun? Not sure why but sitting there one evening I was thinking "I bet that's LVM" and then someone says "hey Michael" and you reply. DINGDINGDING. I'll think about fessing up when we cross paths again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the mystery? This is going to bug me.

Fitting your general description of what I think your demographic is, I would think Paul (La Reve), Thom, Jose, Mitch, Adam, or any countless others. Throw me a bone (or a PM)! I'm intrigued!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:03 AM

That's the one! I couldn't remember it. I knew it had something to do with trout.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 AM

When you know you are going to play live somewhere, get on here, ask who plays such and such a place, and arrange to meet at the card room. You can even chat over dinner or something. I actually met a guy from my former town in CT once at Commerce as we were both there the same time. So that's my recommendation.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"sup babe"

[/ QUOTE ]
That's perfectly cool!
Old 10-18-2007, 02:49 AM

Sat at a table earlier this year with one. We both were the only ones who bought into the 4/8 game with 2 racks & our play was very similar. He questioned me a bit, I questioned him a bit and we pretty much figured it out. He happened to sit down imm on my left and we both noticed that we were the only 2 folding lots of hands. We both also happened to get a nice table JP share that night and became good friends on the SSHE forum. Pretty cool
Old 10-18-2007, 03:07 AM

I was at caesars and this one kid kept going on and on about "donkaments" this and "interwebs" that, he used the phrase "for the win!" about 20 times and EVERYTHING that came out of his mouth was a 2p2 cliche.

On the breaks, all people could talk about was busting the annoying kid who wont stop talking.....
Old 10-18-2007, 05:14 AM

Meeting 2p2ers can be overrated. Good, trustworthy, longstanding friendship ones are few and far between. They are worthwhile though.
Most TAGs are TAGfish.
Most 2p2ers who don't want their identity revealed are also much less likely to post here, esp in topics like these.

[ QUOTE ]
I usually will ask them if they know Orlando Salazar

Or try paging Brandi Rose over the intercom and see who at your table reacts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You Grimstarred this from me.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:49 AM

About a year ago round the holidays I wound up at the Wynn, playing a 4/8 shorthanded O8/2-7 with some rounders who were clearly slumming it for fun. About two hours into it, I threw in there, can we share our 2p2 ids?

The guy on my right starts going into how it's a really bad policy in vegas among the rounder to randomly share this information, and that he'd even seen fistfights break out when it was determined that certain on-line mortal enemies were face-to-face. To this day, I still can't tell to what degree he was yanking my chain.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 AM

Wear T-shirt with:

B&M >>>>>> OOT > BBV4L