Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Party 33 rebuy, the bubble has burst

Posting this hand for a friend. Party 33 rebuy 15k guaranteed, bubble has just ended, she has average stack of 87k in the BB. Blinds are 2000-4000 and she has ATs.

UTG+2 makes it 12k, SB calls. 8000 more to call with ATs. What's her play. Pot odds are great but is ATs enough of a hand to justify a call here?

I almost never post in this forum but thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Cheers.

Editing to add that the villains were the most active players at the table, SB was 2nd in chips out of the 19 players left with 135k and, UTG+2 had about 100k. And there is 28.5k in the pot when it's decision time.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Party 33 rebuy, the bubble has burst

fold
Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 AM

muck it like it's hot. but seriously, she likely is behind already, if she is ahead (i guess if you want to consider A10 > 88) then it's a slight edge, and the lack of position = foldage. i mean, if she flops an A and is pushed in, what do you do? late in tourneys i only really like to get involved in hands when a) i'm the pf raiser, or b) i have position and a reasonable enough hand to be drawing live / a hand i can get rid of easily if i "miss", or c) someone is all in and i have pot odds to play.

however, it is 7:21AM and i haven't slept, so i'm expecting i just gave a total n00b-ass answer. but whatevs, i did it for lolzipopz.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:11 PM

fold.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:55 PM

There is no shame in folding here, BUT

this is a fast tournament, you state that the raiser and caller are very active and so are likely taking liberties. I would want to know how soon the next blind/ante level is coming. If soon, I would consider calling or maybe a squeeze play all-in here, which I would describe as a semi-bluff, since there is reason to hope we have best hand or a coin-flip (note I say HOPE, since a real early position raising hand beats you up pretty badly).

The SB is likely weak and will fold.

If you call, bet 15k (note this half-pot bet is not as weak-looking as earlier in tourney) on ace flop--if raised, oh well, you ran into a bigger ace, and fold. The real problem is what to do when flop is 10-x-x rainbow and your flop bet is raised.

So fold most times, but dont be too surprised when an hour later you are pushing all in with a blinded off chip stack and a much worse hand ...
Old 09-13-2007, 05:42 PM

I'd do either the squeeze play or fold. Calling is bad as stated above, you just don't know where you are if you hit any of your cards.

I lean more towards the squeeze b/c it's just too good a spot to not do it. She has the bare minimum IMO to make this play but it's definitely the perfect spot.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:36 PM

pretty easy shove/fold spot. depending on players im willing to go either way.