Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Re: 3 50/100 hands

Hand 1 is close.

Hand 2, I hate. The 7 is a really bad turn card as it gives a bunch of his draws a pair. I don't think he is folding a pair here. So really you are only raising to fold out KJcc type. I'd just let this one go, can't win 'em all.

Hand 3, you just have to fold. You need to him to specifically have free showdown raised JJ on the turn then turned it into a bluff 3 ways on the river to be good. That, or the unlikely case KK played very weird are the only ways you win. Against someone u have a read on as being sane, you're never good here imo. Maybe 1/50 times. Not that you have BB to worry about who could have A9/AT the rare times u have solid player beat.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 3 50/100 hands

hand 1 i think it is very close bc. you are never getting raised unless somehow you are beat, so you never get to 3 bet but you also always get called, i dunno i think i would bet out. does a big pp ever raise you here? they raise me but i don't think they raise you.

hand 2 but first thought was this is bad, the only thing i can see him folding is a crappy flush draw that never paired up or is not A or maybe K hi. so with the size of the pot it is big enough you will get called all the time but also have to right a whole lot to make it correct. so i still don't like it.

hand 3 like i said i think it depends on game flow but i still think a turn 3 bet is maybe good, but that depends a lot on how the game is playing. on the river when teh ace hits and he bets i think it is a fold, i didn't think so but not closeing the action it will be tough to be ahead. on the turn i can see it but on the river i think it is real hard for him to bet the hands we can give him that you beat.
dave
Old 09-05-2007, 05:58 PM

Default *results*

Hand 1: I bet out not wanting to see ace high get checked behind but I wondered after the fact how much I should weight an overpair, with added info that Keller in between us has a likely big ace and is a good enough player to not call my river bet with ace high. Betting out still probably the play I guess but I don't know how to run the math on this kinda thing. Button called with JJ after loooling in chat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2nd hand: After he folded river I immediately thought to myself that I got lucky and my play was bad. Still feel like with my image at the time I should have raised the turn. Just one of those game situational things and would usually err on side of calling turn folding river unless I improve.

3rd hand: I folded river pretty quick as this opponent is pretty solid but I laughed heartily after seeing button turn over a horribly played AJo and the bb dragged it with A6o. I think calling the turn given my read at time is far and away best play.