Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 PM

Default 10NLHE - ttp facing all in on turn

Villan was 22/14 over about 50 hands. I had been playing tight (22/16) and was quite an active table with decent pfr nearly every hand. I bet quite small on both streets and with my turn rr as he is tight and didnt want him to fold something worse. ill tell u my thoughts at the time when he went all in and what happened in a bit..

Cheers

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (MP): $12.60
CO: $8.70
BTN: $9.25
SB: $27.05
BB: $12.90
UTG: $1.75

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($0.90) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.40</font>, SB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.70) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.10</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $26.25 and is All-In
Old 11-12-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: 10NLHE - ttp facing all in on turn

When SB 4-bet pushes the turn after check-calling the flop and check-raising the turn, I start worrying that he flopped a set and I was the one getting trapped and not him.

But it's just another $5.70 to you and you're getting nearly 2:1 with top two and possibly Villain was fooled by your smallish postflop bets and that smallish turn 3-bet, so I guess I would call.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:45 AM

Cheers mate

I did end up calling and he had a set of eights. I dont feel to bad on this one as I dont think it was played particuarly badly. I thought it possible that he had ak, aq or aj and thought I had a weak A due to my small bets. Do u think a call on the turn wold have maybe been more suitable and see what he does on the river?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:59 AM

Betting small because you do not want him to fold worse hands is bad reasoning.

1) If you bet 0.80 cents here on the flop he only half to call half as often as he has to call your 0.40 bet to have the same EV.
2) Betting bigger here builds a bigger pot. Since you think you are ahead you want money in the pot. Betting more here, allows you to bet more on the turn.
3) You give him worse odds to call with things like 67 and heart draws. I.e money for you.
4) This bet has little fold equity, so if you do the same thing when you missed the flop, you will not generate enough folds. If you do something different when you miss, you will be easy to read. That is no problem at these stakes, but it is a bad habit if you want to play higher stakes.