Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Week 10 Early NCAA Lines

UConn is not as good as they appear to be. they will lose 2, if not 3 games, to conclude their season.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:50 PM

Arizona State +250 to win 2u.
Navy +150 to win 1u.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:15 PM

MOd- I dont know if proposing bets in this fourm is allowed just delete if not acceptable

If anyone seriously would like to wager on a couple of this weeks games i see a couple i would bet on...I would take Arizona St over Oregon and Wisconsin over Ohio State PM me if interested
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MOd- I dont know if proposing bets in this fourm is allowed just delete if not acceptable

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody actually bets here, gambling wrecks lives and ruins families.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here's the problem with taking VA Tech, they have shown no ability to throw the ball, which is where GA Techs defensive weakness lies. In addition GA Tech is better rested, at home, and not coming off a devastating loss with a team full of head cases and crappy QBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Georgia Tech's rush defense is one of the best in the country and their secondary is the big weakness on the defensive side of the ball. Matt Ryan lit them up, but Virginia Tech doesn't an accurate enough QB to burn them.

Also, you can't just look at Dwyer's two worst games and evaluate him that way. The game before that, he ran the ball 15 times for 75 yards against Virginia and he's a young back that's continually improving. He's no Tashard Choice, but the dropoff's a lot less than you're making it out to be. Also, Rashaun Grant is playing against Virginia Tech, he missed some practices, but he's expected to be ready to go by game day.

The way I'd cap this game is overall talent: +0.5 for Georgia Tech, home advantage on a Thursday night: +3.5, Choice injury: -1.5, matchups: +3, letdown for VT after losing last week +1.5. That would leave Georgia Tech as a 7 point favorite. I think you can bring that down a little bit, since it will be a low-scoring game, but I still think GT should be getting at least 4 points here and probably 5. All these people who are saying "the wrong team's getting the points" haven't followed ACC football closely at all this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but as of yesterday GT was saying Grant may be out the rest of the year. I've heard of someone coming back from injuries early, but ....

I didn't "take Dwyer's worst games of the year", I took the most recent games. How about just taking his record vs ACC teams: 28 rushes 96 yards (3.4 yards/carry) 2 TDs. Not exactly spectacular, and his coaches must have agreed: he didn't get any carries against Maryland or Miami earlier this month. Bottom line - he's a freshman 3rd stringer who has some potential ... but probably not ready for prime time until at least next year.

As for VT's QBs, while perhaps more erratic, Glennon has a higher QB rating than Matt Ryan this year. My breakdown:

GT passing game vs VT passing defense: Edge VT
GT rushing vs VT rushing def: Big VT edge
VT passing vs GT pass def: VT edge
VT rushing vs GT rush def: GT edge
Special teams: Even
Coaching: VT edge
Intangibles: GT edge

4-2 VT. How VT responds to the BC loss is the biggest concern. Fortunately, even though this is a thursday game VT is getting a full week to recover since they also played BC on Thursday.

We're clearly focusing on different things, which is of course fine and normal. However you don't seem to consider GT's offensive issues and how they will effect the game at all. You keep talking about GT's run defense (#8 in the nation), but how about the Hokie run defense (#9 in the nation) being able to play against the 3rd string?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody actually bets here, gambling wrecks lives and ruins families.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOL
Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AzzuSt +7, 1u

[/ QUOTE ]
Temple +7.5, 1u

all those frosh and redshirts from last year now have almost 2 years of experience, they are getting better and don't have to play Miami, LVille, WVa, etc anymore.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:43 PM

I'm trying to understand the consensus on Arizona St. It seems like they finally beat a legit team in Cal but Cal has lost all momentum this year. I don't think Longshore was near full strength and when ASU started coming back Cal started finger pointing at each other and almost looked like they gave up. Oregon seems to me like the better team at home. 7 is a lot of pts. in conference and I swore off Dixon in big games but I don't think ASU is on the same level as Oregon. I'm not certain of the injury situation other than Johnson, Paysinger, and Colvin who were already out for Oregon.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to understand the consensus on Arizona St.

.... 7 is a lot of pts in conference

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-29-2007, 11:47 PM

I promise you, VA Tech's QBs are not even close to good. Numbers or not, look at their numbers against the few decent teams they have played.