Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: To Theists: An Interesting Agreement ...

Well, you never know. Besides, someone in my position benefits from drawing fire from both sides..
Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 PM

Bunny sometimes I try to support faith, sometimes I post something interesting that may or may not be an eye opener to people...I never think the people posting in here are the only ones paying attention to what I have to say...sometimes the smartest people are the quiet ones...Like that old proverb: A shallow river is noisy but a still river runs deep...and maybe they are looking at things from different angles...you never know til you study it for a while whether the new angle is valid or not...and not everything is immediately explainable or has only 1 answer...sometimes you have to play connect the dots or turn something upside down and inside out to understand it better... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 10:20 PM

Ok I still dont understand. I presume this thread is an example of "...something interesting that may or may not be an eye opener to people" Can you say why you find it interesting? It seems to me to be irrelevant to resolving any religious question.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I still dont understand. I presume this thread is an example of "...something interesting that may or may not be an eye opener to people" Can you say why you find it interesting? It seems to me to be irrelevant to resolving any religious question.

[/ QUOTE ]

transport yourself back to middleschool days and you discover 'lincoln has 7 letters, kennedy has 7 letters...." hmmmmm...interesting...wow... just imagine...

that's the 'interesting' that's caught splendors attention.

luckyme
Old 10-02-2007, 10:28 PM

That's what it seems like to me too. One last try though...
Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 PM

If you have the patience bunny....read the link in my original post...It has an incredibly detailed summary of how evidence would be assessed on the 4 Gospels...It is quite a lengthy document, but very educational...by a lawyer assessing the evidence from a tribunal perspective....
Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by a lawyer assessing the evidence from a tribunal perspective....

[/ QUOTE ]

I send him some challenges on a couple points but so far no answer. Perhaps you could get him on this forum to face them.

luckyme
Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This one time Darwin said "Pull my finger."

[/ QUOTE ]

Rub it in, why dontcha...
Old 10-02-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonaparte said "I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely with Napolean here.
EXCEPT alexander. Alexander would have killed jesus so fast and then conquered china before breakfast.
[ QUOTE ]
He spake as never man spake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Simon Greenleaf can get me a motivational speech from Jesus? Hell yeah!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Do you mean that if I read the link I will see why it's interesting?

Personally, I'm unlikely to put the effort in if someone who has read it is unable to tell me in a paragraph why it's interesting. I'm not expecting a summary of the link, in fact I'd prefer not to hear you paraphrase what someone else said - what I struggle to see is why it would matter that this guy says something similar to napoleon (and I doubt he addresses that topic in the link).

EDIT: OK I read the link and found it poor apologetics. Also, it didnt really have anything to do with what napoleon said. The weakest was the part where he essentially said:

"We know the 4 gospel writers didnt collude because there are so many discrepancies in their accounts. Yet we should accept their testimony, since they all say the same thing."