Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Is Analysis the Enemy of Inspiration

There is allot of idiot bashing from all sides, and instinctively, like football fans the non-idiots tend to wade in on the side of their own supporters. This creates an 'us and them' atmosphere that encourages the instinctive defensiveness that discourages open discussion.

As a result, people that are not haters of the other teams colors at all, come accross that way due to the polarisation of the frame of reference within which they are seen.

Read this thread again, right fronm the start, title included. It is a pretty good example.

It's a shame really.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're telling me there is no Christian bashing on SMP??

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh no you don't. No dodging. You said "most" posters and that there were only a few exceptions. Also, you said "Christ bashing", not Christian bashing. You are asking me a totally different question now!

People get bashed when they post ridiculous things. It makes no difference if they are Christians or atheists or Xenu-worshipping space aliens.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not lying & you know it. The truth hurts doesn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, you were. You can try to wiggle out of it by rewording your statements after the fact, but you still made inferences that were untrue.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
card carrying members of the Christ bashing club

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody rang?

[ QUOTE ]
To live in the 21st century & sit around reading a bunch of psychology books without something more constructive to do is amazing to me....

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning is for losers! You show 'em, buddy.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh no you don't. No dodging. You said "most" posters and that there were only a few exceptions. Also, you said "Christ bashing", not Christian bashing. You are asking me a totally different question now!

People get bashed when they post ridiculous things. It makes no difference if they are Christians or atheists or Xenu-worshipping space aliens.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, you were. You can try to wiggle out of it by rewording your statements after the fact, but you still made inferences that were untrue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, excuse me...Christ bashing not Christian bashing. Happy now?

And "most" is absolutely correct.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
card carrying members of the Christ bashing club

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody rang?

[ QUOTE ]
To live in the 21st century & sit around reading a bunch of psychology books without something more constructive to do is amazing to me....

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning is for losers! You show 'em, buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

madnak! good to see you. hope you hang around. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think i've ever said anything at all negative about either the NT jesus (about whom i know a lot) or the historical jesus (about whom i know little).
Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well it's a big difference! When you put it one way it's entirely false, the latter is only disingenuous. We all get caught lying sometimes trying to make a point, no need to get snippy about it. I forgive you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So it's your position that most of the posters on this forum are anti-Jesus? Depending on how you define "anti-Jesus" it could end up being 50%+, but if we used a reasonable definition I would be willing to bet a lot of money that you are wrong.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well it's a big difference! When you put it one way it's entirely false, the latter is only disingenuous. We all get caught lying sometimes trying to make a point, no need to get snippy about it. I forgive you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So it's your position that most of the posters on this forum are anti-Jesus? Depending on how you define "anti-Jesus" it could end up being 50%+, but if we used a reasonable definition I would be willing to bet a lot of money that you are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot how much of a nit you are. Silly me. If I woulda remembered I would have used the exact terminology so that you wouldn't life tilt.

There is no "reasonable definition". Either you believe he is the only begotten son of God or you don't. There is nothing in between...no matter how much you twist it using your critical thinking.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no "reasonable definition". Either you believe he is the only begotten son of God or you don't. There is nothing in between...no matter how much you twist it using your critical thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

you either believe he is the son of god or you don't, therefore there is no reasonable definition of anti-jesus...

makes sense to me.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot ignore this statement.

I am happy to say that it is correct enough in a vaccum, however, you have not posted it in a vaccum. You have posted it in a way that suggests anyone who does not agree with it is a Christ/Christian basher.

Regardless of your definitions, I find that offensive.

I am not trying to be inflamitary, but please do not call me something I am not.