Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: An Amazing Life

JC wasn't a bad man, if the tales about his existence are accurate. He didn't start peaceful resistance. Yes, JC was ahead of his time moral wise, and?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I was reflecting on the movie Gandhi and thinking how Gandhi seemed to be an admirer of Christ...then I thought of Martin Luther King Jr. and he was a Baptist minister and also a follower of Christ...Seems that Jesus Christ is the father of non-violent civil resistance...And therefore had an influence on India's independence and on the U.S. civil rights movement...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about Jesus Christ the fictional character?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:54 AM

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that 2+2 forums isn't a place where you can discuss much of anything for all the sarcastic pot shots being taken from the safety afforded by a computer screen...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that 2+2 forums isn't a place where you can discuss much of anything for all the sarcastic pot shots being taken from the safety afforded by a computer screen...

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the club. That's why I don't post much in this forum. It's usually a hopeless cause.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. 2+2 isn't the place to come for a group hug, thankfully.
Once you've soaked your skin in brine for a while, a glance over the bulk of them, such as the ones in this column, are direct counterarguments to the claims made in the OP.
Rebut them, with a little sneer if you like, and they don't seem as bad anymore.

luckyme
Old 09-20-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the club. That's why I don't post much in this forum. It's usually a hopeless cause.

[/ QUOTE ]
While the "sarcastic potshots" are definitely meant to be goofy, they highlight a point which the two of you seem incapable of grasping. The 'Han Solo' and 'cheeseburger' comments, for example, are using the exact same reasoning that you are. So, while Jesus was a nice guy, your argument is severely flawed, sorry. If you still don't get this I would recommend you read a book about critical thinking. Seriously. I can recommend a few if you like.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And therefore had an influence on India's independence and on the U.S. civil rights movement...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait wait wait a minute. Are you telling me, that JC has had a lot of influence on today's society? Get out of here. Yoo crayzee.

He's obviously the most second influential fictional character of all time. God (or should I say "The God's?) is (are?) number 1.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While the "sarcastic potshots" are definitely meant to be goofy, they highlight a point which the two of you seem incapable of grasping. The 'Han Solo' and 'cheeseburger' comments, for example, are using the exact same reasoning that you are. So, while Jesus was a nice guy, your argument is severely flawed, sorry. If you still don't get this I would recommend you read a book about critical thinking. Seriously. I can recommend a few if you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could recommend you a good book too!!!

Oh, wait, lemme guess. You read the Bible allll the time but obviously don't take it to heart. But yet, by your own admission, you are the one who says that it wouldn't take much for you to become a born again believer. You say all of this while telling Christians that we're delusional, crazy, nut jobs, etc & offer to show us the light by recommending anti-christian books to read. How ironic.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:37 AM

To ZeeJustin:

An excerpt from Wikipedia on Jesus

"Biblical scholars and classical historians generally accept the historical existence of Jesus, with claims against existence regarded as "effectively refuted."
Old 09-20-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To ZeeJustin:

An excerpt from Wikipedia on Jesus

"Biblical scholars and classical historians generally accept the historical existence of Jesus, with claims against existence regarded as "effectively refuted."

[/ QUOTE ]

That settles it!