Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: An Amazing Life

[ QUOTE ]
I believe he is telling the truth...The facts are such that he would most probably have died on impact from the trauma & shock...there were 7 or 8 EMTs that examined him...they covered up his car/body showing they thought he was dead...They would have instruments to check for vital signs ...The seriousness of his injuries would be enough to convince me he is truthful...You don't care about money when you're in the kind of pain he was in and have physical problems to cope with the rest of your life...He also has the other minister corroborating how he prayed over him...

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes EMTs make mistakes:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070917/od_nm/autopsy_dc

Before I respond let me make sure I understand what you are saying:

1) Piper was severly injured in a car crash but survived
2) People who are severely injured are less likely to lie
3) Someone prayed for Piper
4) People who recieve prayers are more likely to be saved from life-threatening injuries and/or go to heaven.
Therefore, Piper's story about going to heaven is true.

If this is not right please let me know which part I have screwed up.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:44 AM

Piper died...he was dead a lot longer than the usual 7 minutes it takes to pronounce you brain dead...I believe he said he died on impact...the brain and internal organs were untouched as the other minister prayed for...
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Piper died...he was dead a lot longer than the usual 7 minutes it takes to pronounce you brain dead...I believe he said he died on impact...the brain and internal organs were untouched as the other minister prayed for...

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, so let me try again:

1) Piper died in a car crash
2) People who die are less likely to lie
3) Someone prayed for Piper
4) People who recieve prayers are more likely to come back to life after dying and/or go to heaven.
Therefore, Piper's story about dying, going to heaven and coming back to life is true.

Does this sound right?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn

I'm a believer.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe he is telling the truth...The facts are such that he would most probably have died on impact from the trauma & shock...there were 7 or 8 EMTs that examined him...they covered up his car/body showing they thought he was dead...They would have instruments to check for vital signs ...The seriousness of his injuries would be enough to convince me he is truthful...You don't care about money when you're in the kind of pain he was in and have physical problems to cope with the rest of your life...He also has the other minister corroborating how he prayed over him...

[/ QUOTE ]

how rare is it for someone to have a dream or hallucination that they are 100% convinced was a real event? (see: alien abductions)

would you think serious trauma would make someone's memories of an event more reliable, or less?

you said that "you don't care about money... when you have physical problems to cope with the rest of your life." isn't it the opposite? wouldn't that make you need money more?

how often do people who come close to death report hallucinations of all kinds?

how often are details of a story tweaked to make it more compelling?

is it true that small lies often turn into big ones?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:22 AM

Can't believe I just read through every single post in this thread; the severely underdeveloped logical processing that some people have is unbelievable (either that or a case of Holy Ghost hijacking)