Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Brian Townsend\'s Downswing (for all the Brian Townsend haters)

[ QUOTE ]
That said, I'll say if BT owns 25% of CardRunners id assume he has an additional 220k a year income.

between 700k and 1.2M a year sounds reasonable for CR's revenue considering 100$signup + 25$ month, ~1500-2000 members + affiliate banners

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a possibility before the downswing.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I LOL at calling anybody that young one of the best holdem players in the world. How can someone playing a short time 2 =3 years be considered one of the best.
He is having a bad run . I assume his first (getting life lessons are hard)and will not be this last. Part of growing up. I feel sorry for all the KIDS quiting their jobs to play poker. The test of time will tell you are the best.
I also am NOT impressed by very wealth people playing high stakes poker and being considered great,just because they play high stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's probably played more NLHE than any old-school live player

[/ QUOTE ]

just playing tons of hands is not enough, you have to have time to absorb the lessons learned.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think maybe it was aba but it could have been stinger in a cr vid who said he learns the most from reviewing his hands in PT after a session and he does it after every one
Old 08-14-2007, 05:34 PM

r3,

CardRunners is putting on a big membership fair soon, so those numbers should be going up significantly in the near future.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Lol @ anyone saying Brian will actually go busto. If his bankroll gets too small for the big games he'll just move down...
Old 08-14-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if naples isn't to impressed with brians play maybe he should play him and see how good he really is

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ridiculous
Do I need to play the 145th ranked golfer in the world to know hes not of the same caliber as Tiger Woods? He will beat me but he still sucks compared to the top pros

I think that was the point
Old 08-14-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always followed up great months/times with bad downswings. I attribute this mainly to getting overconfident and lazy about my play.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know Brian but this from his latest blog post is definitely wrongheaded. He needs to take a week off, go to the countryside, drop acid and let the truth come to him. Otherwise he will go bust with a probability close to 1.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:26 PM

f,

Just read Brian's latest blog post. I think that he continues to draw too strong a correlation between his play and his results and still does not acknowledge the impact that variance really plays in this game.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:30 PM

That's what I was getting at, yes.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if naples isn't to impressed with brians play maybe he should play him and see how good he really is

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ridiculous
Do I need to play the 145th ranked golfer in the world to know hes not of the same caliber as Tiger Woods? He will beat me but he still sucks compared to the top pros

I think that was the point

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that all of these people suggesting that all the old pros are > aba likely have less actual evidence that these folks are winners that we do wrt to aba. So much of what we hear about the pros is 5th hand gossip, and we're to assume they're poker gods because they got famous back when like there were like 36 people playing tournaments and everybody else sucked. Aba might not be as good as we/he/that one poster you hate thinks, but I feel like there's a better argument that all those people ESPN told you were famous are even worse.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
f,

Just read Brian's latest blog post. I think that he continues to draw too strong a correlation between his play and his results and still does not acknowledge the impact that variance really plays in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may apply to life for a lot of us.