Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Stars wishlist:

Does anyone know why PokerStars doesn't show allin cash games in the first place? I'm thinking due to datamining, and letting observers see the cards is a advantage (I guess?) to observers, since many of the situations will be the same and they can get a read, and this is very different from tournaments since blinds are always changing thus more different situations and you can't buy back in.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know why PokerStars doesn't show allin cash games in the first place? I'm thinking due to datamining, and letting observers see the cards is a advantage (I guess?) to observers, since many of the situations will be the same and they can get a read, and this is very different from tournaments since blinds are always changing thus more different situations and you can't buy back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was that way before the instant hand history was avaliable that allowed one to see the mucked cards. they simply have changed it up since then despite the fact that it is pointless now.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was that way before the instant hand history was avaliable that allowed one to see the mucked cards. they simply have changed it up since then despite the fact that it is pointless now.

[/ QUOTE ]

They kept it that way to make datamining less profitable.

I for one don't give two [censored] about dataminers on stars (I actually wish they'd make it legal so I could do it), and I think most people are either completely unaware of this issue or agree with me. So, Stars should just realize that slowing down the games is annoying and turn over the cards.

P.S. Please please please don't send me a million PMs offering to sell me stars datamining software. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They kept it that way to make datamining less profitable.

I for one don't give two [censored] about dataminers on stars (I actually wish they'd make it legal so I could do it), and I think most people are either completely unaware of this issue or agree with me. So, Stars should just realize that slowing down the games is annoying and turn over the cards.

P.S. Please please please don't send me a million PMs offering to sell me stars datamining software. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have cracked down a bit on the datamining but it still is completly retarded to keep it. It slows down the game and makes it less exciting to the casual player.

My younger brother actually stopped playing because he becmae so annoyed that he couldn't root for his hand/against his opponents hand cuz he couldnt see the cards.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:34 PM

I've analyzed many, many shortstackers at 1/2 and very few are winners. If you raise the min buyin, a lot of the money in the poker economy will not rise up because at the lower limits, 95% of the people who buyin for the minimum are fish who donate their money. It might be somewhat more annoying to play against, but raising the minimum buyin is a huge mistake IMO.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:55 PM

One LARGE RED (ok, it doesn't have to be red, but it has to be large) ADD-ON button for rebuy tournaments. Or even an Auto-Add-On option. Something so I don't keep forgetting to Add-On @ 1st break.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:08 PM

A wider variety of fun themes to lend interest to the game. I get tired of the saloon. The star one is good.

Bigger card faces.

Also, a "bet pot" button for NL cash games like on UB.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:09 PM

Rematch option in HU matches.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do something about all the morons who "sit out" without any intention of returning.

Kill _2_4_0_0 who will join a game and immediately sit-out for 5 minutes.

40BB min buy-in

---------Meow

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea how long it might take me to setup anywhere between 8-12 tables with a slow connection? Or do you think I'm just doing it to piss you off? I prefer the latter of the 2 but the choice is yours buddy. If that really makes you angry then you really got some issues in life besides "getting angry at people who sit in with full stacks on 12 tables and don't sit in the 1st second of being there"....

As long as I'm winning I'll keep doing what I'm doing, whether you like it or not.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:13 PM

so you open tables and sit out at them so that you can continue opening more and more tables?

I understand that ppl have to take bathroom breaks and answer the phone and grab a snack, but if ppl are sitting out because they are too busy dealing with other tables, then any changes to kick them off their tables are definitely a good idea.