Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 08:35 PM

Default AQs reraise

Playing a little 6-max for fun.

The limper has limped and then called two cold inthe past, though i didn't get ot see what he had. He's very loose: he'll cold call, and he also likes to bet when checked to on the turn and sometimes river. He'll call on the turn pretty light too, sometimes just to see if you bet the river, I think. This guy peels the flop when it's two cold to him, and also peels the turn.

The raiser is unknown.

So PF, I'm thinking, great, I have a hand that I'd reraise normally, and there's some free money in there waiting to call two more cold bets.

Then the flop hits, and I'm like, wtf, mate, why don't I have a pair?

Anyways, plans for the rest of the hand please?

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 3 players)
Old 03-04-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: AQs reraise

I don't mind a c/c here, really, although I think at game time I'd cbet this too often. I think this hand could also be an example of just calling AQs OOP so as to keep the pot smaller when you're in a crappy position.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind a c/c here, really, although I think at game time I'd cbet this too often. I think this hand could also be an example of just calling AQs OOP so as to keep the pot smaller when you're in a crappy position.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I did... Basically because I'm pretty lost.

Anyways, at this point, the thread diverges:

1)

(f: 9sb, maybe 10)

hero checks, maniac checks, unknown bets, hero calls, maniac calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (hero aqs diamonds, pot 6bb)

hero checks, maniac bets, unknown calls, hero?

-------------------------------------------------

2) ok, let's talk about the pf decision...

Firstly, I think I like reraising just because I'm going to pair up about 1/3 of the time, I'll have people drawing to 2-3 outs sometimes, and I'll get some draws too, etc. I'll generally have the type of hand where I'm going to be able to gas it vs a loose guy and have a better time of it, whereas if I had something like a2 I couldn't really poush as hard, so the hand would flatten out a bit, whereas I have a lot more upside with aq.

edit: in times when I call with aq, it's less correct to show down as a result of the call pf. Am I committed to showing this hand down already? I'm kinda stuck in the "seriously, I'm not folding anything postflop" mode of thinking right now, when it comes to 6-max.

------------------

3) the flop... might it be best to bet and let the maniac guy (not really a maniac but he has his moments I guess) raise to get rid of the unknown? Will an unknown player dump AK here for two cold, or will he peel? I don't know...
Old 03-04-2007, 09:27 PM

with one alreay in and a bet-o-matic on my right I'm calling PF ... with the intention of check raising most flops (who cares if you don't hit vs this guy ... often, a good ace is all you need)