Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: 25NL JJ with a 3bet from SB

A 13 AF doesn't necessarily mean the guy is crazy aggressive. He could just be extremely selective, either betting/raising or folding - no calling. Most likely it is him being selective and I bet we are crushed after the c/r.

Edit: I would have considered two lines here, either bet/fold when checked to or just check it through and see if we can get a cheap showdown.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:58 PM

we are crushed obviously, because the hand was posted [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

i still think if we push he calls with only better hands
Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 PM

uhhh this hand telegraphs strength like none other. Sure the guy is a hyperaggressive crazy guy but if he didn't have the hand he would have just continuation betted the flop, which keeps in line with his stats. as he played this, it screams KK or AA, and a fold is in order after the c/r. In my experience, 25nlers like this like to get "tricky" by checking to show weakness or some [censored] and then raising AI and pray you call. Just wait till next time you pick up the fh and then call that [censored] down. But in any case shoving is terrible because only hands that beat you will call.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we are crushed obviously, because the hand was posted [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

i still think if we push he calls with only better hands

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually, he is 2p2 which I didnt know at the time, and he had A 10. I just thought it was a good hand for discussion.

Personally against this type of player I think the play is just slightly +EV.

I'll go through my thought process. He 3 bet more than pot, indicating to me that his range was more of an AK type hand or 77-1010 than AA-KK. I think people will pot or raise slightly less than pot with AA KK because they want to play for stacks not just for the preflop money.

I've thought about it and i just dont think a player this aggressive is not gonna lead and is going to be this tricky with AA KK. His range is polarized towards 66-1010 AJo+ AQs+ which im ahead of by a lot.

And i think calling the flop is terrible, if a QKA comes off i have no idea what to do if he shoves.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:09 PM

he called your shove?

is he serious ?!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:28 PM

he folded