Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Miracles in Islam

When I think of Islam, I think of terrorists killing thousands of innocent people as well as themselves in the name of their religion, I think of the constant fighting going on in the Middle East, and their women covered from head to toe not allowed to show anything.

Though this is just my personal image of Islam, I'm sure many other Christians see this "image" as well and just completely write Islam off. Most probably wrote Islam off after 9/11 and the whole Jihad thing.

Though I think I'll get flamed for bringing my personal view into this discussion, it has some substance as many others probably view Islam the same as I do. I would think the Islam conversion rate would drop heavily because of this image.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I think of Islam, I think of terrorists killing thousands of innocent people as well as themselves in the name of their religion, I think of the constant fighting going on in the Middle East, and their women covered from head to toe not allowed to show anything.

Though this is just my personal image of Islam, I'm sure many other Christians see this "image" as well and just completely write Islam off. Most probably wrote Islam off after 9/11 and the whole Jihad thing.

Though I think I'll get flamed for bringing my personal view into this discussion, it has some substance as many others probably view Islam the same as I do. I would think the Islam conversion rate would drop heavily because of this image.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not disagreeing with your post. I’ve seen over and over in my own life just how damaging extreme Christian beliefs are, so I have no doubt that extreme Islamic beliefs are damaging.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:13 PM

Converting is just the new fashion statement for the radically tolerant, and I don't think I'm kidding either.

And your views are very stereotypical and probably unhealthy. My neighbour is an muslim and she's nice and cute as they come and loves pink miniskirts more a burka it would seem, and we've been drunk together on many occasions and she has never spilled the beans on any ongoing jihads.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:13 PM

Couldn't that be said of any religion yukoncpa?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't that be said of any religion yukoncpa?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you read his post? you are tilting me so hard. this is what you were replying to, right?

"I’ve seen over and over in my own life just how damaging extreme Christian beliefs are, so I have no doubt that extreme Islamic beliefs are damaging."
Old 09-22-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I’m not disagreeing with your post. I’ve seen over and over in my own life just how damaging extreme Christian beliefs are, so I have no doubt that extreme Islamic beliefs are damaging

[/ QUOTE ] Couldn't that be said of any religion yukoncpa?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly any intolerant religion such as Christianity. Buddhism, if it even is a religion, isn’t damaging to anyone.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I’m not disagreeing with your post. I’ve seen over and over in my own life just how damaging extreme Christian beliefs are, so I have no doubt that extreme Islamic beliefs are damaging

[/ QUOTE ] Couldn't that be said of any religion yukoncpa?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly any intolerant religion such as Christianity. Buddhism, if it even is a religion, isn’t damaging to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for clarification... it took me a while to figure this out myself. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism(all the Western religions) share this "damaging" aspect because they all practice a close minded philosophy believing that everyone else is wrong and they are right and will be the only ones saved. Buddhism, is a religion, but it practices acceptance of all people and beliefs and is integrated with the Zen way of life. Zen is a philosophy and Buddhism is the religion that practices it.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:23 PM

why dont all christians become mormon?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:32 PM

back to the original subject (splendour, just stop talking).

# 2 Thessalonians 2:9
The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,

# Mark 8:12
Sighing deeply in His spirit, He said, "Why does this generation seek for a sign? Truly I say to you, no sign will be given to this generation."

so if one is to believe christianity to be true, these other more "current" miracles don't mean a thing.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:33 PM

You are rude dknightx...Mr. Piper did not attribute anything to Satan...