Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Need Some Actual Advice Here

[ QUOTE ]
You aren't going to follow this advice, but I'd guarantee you your life would improve tenfold if you did...

First, stop playing poker - it's filling a void in your life right now fair enough, but from EVERYTHING you've written here, it's not bringing you any joy whatsoever in the long run.

Get another part time job (right now you work 1 or 2 nights?) and do one of two things: 1) start helping your family our financially (which they will probably refuse) or 2) save up and in a few months buy them a weekend getaway somewhere (I'd suggest this).

Third, stop snapping at those trying to help you in this thread. If your original post was authentic, and not a tired trolling attempt, you'd do well to listen to some of the advice given here. Don't listen to those who say 'play within your bankroll' or 'play for play money' - no offense guys, but this is a someone who appears to be somewhat immature (not a bad thing, you're supposed to be immature at your age) and playing poker is a waste of some of the best years of his life.

Finally, you say you don't like to hang out with druggies and alcoholics, so there's no one in your class you can relate/socialize with. I guarantee you that there are people who don't want to spend every weekend in a drug-induced haze. Find these people. Even if these are the biggest nerds in the class, spend some time with them - get out of the house and away from the computer. Social interaction is what creates memories that you'll have 20 or 30 years from now, not the time that you cracked some guys Aces with 10-J suited for a $150 pot.

I'd post more, but I'm not sure if you are a troll or not - good luck turning it around if you are legitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I would fold J 10 if he raised.

But in all seriousness, I would rather read Harry Potter than hang out with the 5% of the school who does not drink/smoke. Let's get real. But I am listening to advice, I just don't think some of it is fitting/logical. Thanks again!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:10 AM

troll
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
troll

[/ QUOTE ]

No, a complete idiot.

Hey first post! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Just read through this and the guy is hopeless.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, there are maybe 6 hot girls in my class (only 100 girls in my class) and I know for a damn fact that the hottest one would go at the least to a dance with me only because she asked. I told her I had something planned already. It was a 100 man live tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

Your priorities are totally screwed up.

As Daniel Negranu says.. a tournament starts EVERY second on Poker Stars.
That girl will NEVER ask you out again.
Take the $60 and ask the girl to dinner and a movie.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know for a damn fact that the hottest one would go at the least to a dance with me only because she asked. I told her I had something planned already. It was a 100 man live tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG

I can't believe this.

Call her back NOW! The only good news in this is that really hot high school girls seem to like guys that don't treat them particularly well. So, you should be in like Flynn. But you need to call her back ASAP. After you get to know her some, you can be nice, caring, and considerate. You could end up with a full fledged girl friend to spend time with instead of low-stakes, underage gambling.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:39 PM

Wow you write a lot Do!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:40 PM

this guy is a sociopath obv
Old 08-10-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I am listening to advice, I just don't think some of it is fitting/logical.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're sixteen/seventeen and you turned down a date with the "hottest" girl in school...who asked YOU out...in order to play in a poker tournament and none of the advice here is logical?

Agreed bro. None of it is.

Unfortunately for you, all of the members of this site can only remember running around chasing tail when we were sixteen/seventeen. So tough luck...it's all the advice we have...we have never, ever, never-ever, been in your shoes.

P.S. Your college days are gonna rock when you get that free hi-speed dorm Internet connection.

Edit: To remove the word "male" from in front of the word "members". I wasn't always the one doing the chasing...but I was never dumb enough to not be caught.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Crying basically the whole time I was playing

[/ QUOTE ]