Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Stud Hi (amusing hand)

Yesterday I was off at the low limit high-ante roller-coaster rides again. Found some uber-live ones and got my ass raped by donkeys who god knows what they were thinking. Found rolled ups 5 times, yet only won once with them.

I'm not trying to make this post into a sad story or bad beat thread. Just thought I'd post the rolled up hand where I actually didn't get drawn out on by utter trash, and see if anyone can make any sense on what the hell goes through these players minds?

I took all my beats quietly, though I cringed when I saw one rock make a bluff-blocking bet, then get called by a player who couldn't even beat a bluff... then he berrated the horrible player for calling when he couldn't even beat a bluff.

That bad player left 3 hands later, and I was pretty mad about it!

Show hole cards is not supported for this site.
7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

Seat 1: $61.45
Seat 2: $19.25
Seat 3: $39.25
Seat 4: $79
Seat 5: $82.82
Hero: $37.75
Seat 7: $26.85
Seat 8: $104

3rd Street - (2.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (14.00 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___double-raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___double-raises___double-raises

5th Street - (13.00 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises

6th Street - (25.00 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises

River - (33.00 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises $2.60 and is all-in

Total pot: (35.60 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $71.20 Main pot $68.20 Rake $3

Hero: [2h 2d 2c Ac Th 7c 6s] (Three of a kind, Twos, Ace high)

Seat 7: [Kd Qd Ts 8d 7h 6h 5h] (High Card King)

</font>
Old 03-21-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Stud Hi (amusing hand)

Ha ha ha
Old 03-21-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm not sure why you're still betting and raising after seat 5 finally folds. Seat 7 was playing like he had something like Ah 6h in the hole. You got lucky here, but you will usually be getting free-rolled by a made low trying to hit their flush and/or straight. Hell, for that matter he could have already made his straight and low and you could be drawing to 8 outs to salvage half the pot.

What probably went through their minds is that YOU were a donkey and you're trying to buy the pot. An offsuit 2T on 4th isn't exactly threatening, and if you were playing as recklessly on earlier hands as you were on this one, I don't know that I'd blame them (though I'd definitely have waited on a better hand to play back).
Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you will usually be getting free-rolled by a made low trying to hit their flush and/or straight. Hell, for that matter he could have already made his straight and low and you could be drawing to 8 outs to salvage half the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems unlikely.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you will usually be getting free-rolled by a made low trying to hit their flush and/or straight. Hell, for that matter he could have already made his straight and low and you could be drawing to 8 outs to salvage half the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

The made straight does seem unlikely. Do you really think a made low with a hi draw seems unlikely?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Somewhere in the realm of 0%.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

The made straight does seem unlikely. Do you really think a made low with a hi draw seems unlikely?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
7 Card Stud High ($1/$2)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-21-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
7 Card Stud High ($1/$2)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I guess it does pay to know the game the poster is playing before I comment.

Edit: It was even in the title of the post.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:37 PM

I would have slowed down a little sooner. Whatever.

This site allows double bets on fourth with no pair showing?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:03 AM

Andy, I noticed that double bet on fourth earlier and was also puzzled myself. I'm not TOO experienced with the stud-converter so wasn't sure if it was some bug, or if I was missing the obvious.