Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: The Big Ten Network

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, keep in mind, this was a down year for the Big Ten so it wasn't a huge deal. But next year if the Big Ten returns to a level of prominence? This 1 vs 21 matchup being on BTN is inexcusable, but AFAIK it's the only ranked vs. ranked matchup they've had so far. Next year that might not be true. [censored], just make this game in Madison and they've have to call out the National Guard in Columbus.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...the deal is that every team in the conference had to have a conference game on BigTenNetwork

because the conference is stupid and cannot plan ahead, they released too late that the Buckeyes have been on ABC/ESPN for every conference game until now. So, tOSU has v Wisky, v Illinois, and @ Michigan left. V Wisky was ruled the least appealing of the three and moved to BTN.

Great foresight by the networks....glad that we got tOSU-Minny or tOSU-N'western on the ABC/ESPN family instead [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually glad the BTN is getting some of these bigger games. Hopefully that will push Comcast and the network back to the bargaining table.

For those of you in Big Ten regions, is Comcast running a bunch of ads putting down the BTN? I think they've been putting a ton of money into an anti-BTN ad campaign in PA.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:12 PM

If Charter would carry the BTN, I'd actually think about subscribing.

Since they don't, I'll continue to enjoy not spending $70 per month for 70 channels I never watch and listen to the games on the radio. It's not the same but it'll do.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 AM

1. Damaniac's post is excellent.

2. There is absolutely no reason other than cable company/government [censored] that I cannot choose to purchase each channel individually from Time Warner (or any other cable company). Seriously, why do I have to choose a "tier?" My options are:

a. 20 channels, 3 of which I want.

b. 80 channels, 10 of which I want.

c. 130 channels, 12 of which I want.

WTF WTF WTF WTF

Nice "free market."
Old 11-03-2007, 01:31 AM

No kidding.

I got the digital-cable package for the 2nd tier of channels so I have ESPNU and ESPNNews and NFLNetwork.

I would like to have CSTV as well but that's on another pay-structure entirely and I'm not going to shell extra for it...especially since I can watch it on the internet anyway.

I don't have any option to get the Big10 network to my knowledge and I probably would if I could if it was affordable.

Yeah, this channel selection stuff really sucks and I hate the cable companies immensely.