Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 11:32 AM

Default $0.01/0.02 - Top set line check

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($0.88)
MP ($1.51)
CO ($5.58)
Button ($6.02)
Hero ($4.87)
BB ($3)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.12</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: $0.22

Typical raise for me had been 4xBB + 1BB per limper. No reads on players as i was 6 tabling. I had been cbetting alot of the time against one opponent on good flop textures after i miss flop. I hate betting a flop this dry but the warnings for the micro forums are not to slowplay. Good line or check flop?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: $0.01/0.02 - Top set line check

The board is so dry I'd probably check call and lead into a turn, if he doesn't have anything it's annoying but what can you do? He may donk bet a check with air, and people will usually bet at this level with any crap that connects with any flop in any way. Lead is fine too. Just unlucky.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: $0.01/0.02 - Top set line check

Given that most villains at this level aren't paying much attention to you at all, you probably can get away with trying to slowplay this to induce action, and especially if you know the villain is aggro postflop. There's not much to worry about in terms of protecting your hand.

However, from an overall game theoretic perspective (and even here given you have been c-betting constantly) I think you really should lead this flop for your standard c-bet amount, which should be more like .18. The reason is simply that I don't think you ever really check here with air, so if you always c-bet this but check it with top set you're going to be too predictable to opponents who are paying attention.

Sure it's no fun when you flop top set and get no action but that's going to be the case the majority of the time on this kind of board, and even slowplaying you just aren't going to get a lot of money in the pot unless the villain is massively spewy or flopped top pair or better, and with top pair or better he'll put money in on the flop just as well as on the turn.