Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Bottom set heads up, borgata 10 game.

7 handed Borgata 10/20 game. The game has actually tightened up a bit from it's usual LP style.

I open 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] two off the button, Button 3 bets, blinds fold I call.

Button has come from a broken 20 game and made sure we know he has. He certainly seems to think he's slumming it in this game since he normally plays higher. He's a bit too loose preflop, and pretty aggro. If he's watching I've been playing pretty standard TAG.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Since he's slumming in and can run the game over, I bet to 3-bet the flop. He doesn't dissappoint me and raises my flop lead. I 3 bet, he says "You don't think you're AQ is good, do you?", and 4 bets. I 5 bet. He calls.

Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I bet, he calls.

River 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], We take the train to valuetown.

As an aside, would a river value bet still be standard if we didn't have the 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Bottom set heads up, borgata 10 game.

I like it, although sometimes I might call the 4-bet and c/r the turn.

I'd just call a raise on the river, though. He really shouldn't have a heart (J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Jx?), but I can't see 3-betting there.

I think a river bet is good even without the 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - if we thought we were ahead on the turn and ahead on the river with a 6-high flush, then we should still be ahead even without the flush.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:07 PM

at first i wasn't so sure, but after counting up some possible combos on villain i guess you might be good.

once he 4-bets the turn isn't his range only AA (3 combos), QQ (3 combos), AQ (9 combos), and JTs (1) (and rarely J9s (1) and A6s (2)). I guess you're ahead a decent amount more than behind all the way to the river. I guess.

I might have slowed down on the turn, but i think that's me missing value. i guess its right to keep betting. interested what others say.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM

the A, K, Q of hearts are all on the board so unless he's 4-betting you on the flop with AxJh, you're good. pretty easy value bet
Old 10-30-2007, 07:46 PM

I love your play until the river, but not sure I like the river bet. You certainly may still be good, but are you sure he is calling if you are? If you act like the heart scares you, you might be more likely to pick off a bluff.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:48 PM

Because of his comment I think he has AQ way more than usual here. I think you can't lose on the river, and this guy is probably going to call way more than he bluffs.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love your play until the river, but not sure I like the river bet. You certainly may still be good, but are you sure he is calling if you are? If you act like the heart scares you, you might be more likely to pick off a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's turning 2 pair into a bluff?

This hand is fine, it doesn't matter that we have the 6h, 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]=10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]=set of 6s in this hand.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:22 PM

nh

dont fold to a river raise either
Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 PM

Maybe bluff was the wrong word - I should have said "bet anything we are going to beat". I certainly don't think villian has nothing, but I figured he might be more likely to bet two pair on the river than call with it. He certainly seems to be very aggressive. If I was in his position with two pair, there is a good chance I would bet it as a bluff, hoping OP would fold a better hand than mine.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:06 AM

The Villian is a tough guy who's ego is at stake here. He's not folding the river for one bet with any two pair hand IMO.