Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: trip report: county jail

By far the worst part of county jail in my experience is all the unnecessary waiting. The first time I went it was prearranged for me to turn myself in so I was picked up by a car by the local cops. Sat around there for hours on end, then was picked up by the transport van with all the other criminals in shackles to be sent up to county. Meanwhile my friends are literally waiting at the jail for me to get booked so they can pay my bail immediately. Once I got there, it took 3-4 hours just for me to show up "in the system" so that my bail could be posted. And after that another 6-8 hours for that to make its way a few hundred feet down the hall to get me off the cell block and into releasing....which then takes another 3 hours for them to actually let you out the door. Seems like it would save a lot of time and money if they had just let me pay the bail up front instead of ever even going to jail in the first place.

Good times. As for not knowing what to say about "what you're in for" I had the same issue, was totally not expecting the whole transport van thing and was just thrown in the back of a van with 6 other dudes. Obviously I don't know what goes down when we get there so I need to sound as hard as possible without them asking me too many questions. So I just went with "you know, [censored] pigs just trying to [censored] me over for some [censored] I didn't even do" figured that was sufficiently vague and tough sounding...didn't get raped, success?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at you "giving" sandwhich away and "throwing" chips out.

Admit it you were hungry as hell and some bubba took yo lunch

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly no, all I wanted to do was sleep and have a cigarette in reverse order. There is very little I've seen in the way of things-that-can-be-consumed that is as unappetizing as a brown bread and cheese sandwich. Also I had been sick and throwing up, hadn't brushed my teeth or bathed in several hours too many and was just generally too gross to feel like eating.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you got glass in your eye and died. WTF man.

[/ QUOTE ]

The glass-breaking incident was after the jail thing. Glass breaking was last night, the jail thing was a week and change ago, I just didn't feel like writing this until now. I may still die of broken-glass-absorption before I ever resolve my legal issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought you got glass in your eye and died. WTF man.

[/ QUOTE ]

The glass-breaking incident was after the jail thing. Glass breaking was last night, the jail thing was a week and change ago, I just didn't feel like writing this until now. I may still die of broken-glass-absorption before I ever resolve my legal issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at it this way, if you have to go to jail you'll have a story to tell them about why you have an eye patch after your eye gets infected and you lose it.

To make it sound more badass you could tell them you were a pirate on the "outside."

[ QUOTE ]
By far the worst part of county jail in my experience is all the unnecessary waiting. The first time I went it was prearranged for me to turn myself in so I was picked up by a car by the local cops. Sat around there for hours on end, then was picked up by the transport van with all the other criminals in shackles to be sent up to county. Meanwhile my friends are literally waiting at the jail for me to get booked so they can pay my bail immediately. Once I got there, it took 3-4 hours just for me to show up "in the system" so that my bail could be posted. And after that another 6-8 hours for that to make its way a few hundred feet down the hall to get me off the cell block and into releasing....which then takes another 3 hours for them to actually let you out the door. Seems like it would save a lot of time and money if they had just let me pay the bail up front instead of ever even going to jail in the first place.

Good times. As for not knowing what to say about "what you're in for" I had the same issue, was totally not expecting the whole transport van thing and was just thrown in the back of a van with 6 other dudes. Obviously I don't know what goes down when we get there so I need to sound as hard as possible without them asking me too many questions. So I just went with "you know, [censored] pigs just trying to [censored] me over for some [censored] I didn't even do" figured that was sufficiently vague and tough sounding...didn't get raped, success?

[/ QUOTE ]

What did the dudes say in response to this?

you guys are pussies both times i was in jail i just passed out in my drunken state
Old 09-05-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at you "giving" sandwhich away and "throwing" chips out.

Admit it you were hungry as hell and some bubba took yo lunch

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly no, all I wanted to do was sleep and have a cigarette in reverse order. There is very little I've seen in the way of things-that-can-be-consumed that is as unappetizing as a brown bread and cheese sandwich. Also I had been sick and throwing up, hadn't brushed my teeth or bathed in several hours too many and was just generally too gross to feel like eating.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Nile is a river in Egypt
Old 09-05-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are pussies both times i was in jail i just passed out in my drunken state

[/ QUOTE ]

This would have been ideal, but by the time I was taken to the actual jail I had been in custody so long I had sobered up.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By far the worst part of county jail in my experience is all the unnecessary waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this definitely seems to be the case. It took a long time for the relatively simple process of someone giving them cash in order to facilitate my release.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would have been ideal, but by the time I was taken to the actual jail I had been in custody so long I had sobered up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was way too nervous and knew I was going to have to call my mom for bail since I couldn't call cellphones and the few people I knew home numbers for were right beside me.