Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Politics Forum Split

You politics guys wear your pants too tight, I suggest you loosen up, otherwise you'll have a heart attack before your glorious AC revolution comes to pass.

I haven't been to the politics forum in a while. It takes a lot of time to participate, and the constant AC hijacking makes it pretty unreadable. Maybe things have gotten better since I have been gone, but I doubt it.

A while ago, there was a debate in the Politics forum about whether there should, or should not, be an AC FAQ that is stickied in the front page. I thought it was a bad idea for the same reason creating a "Political Theory" forum is a bad idea. When you create a FAQ, or a whole forum, dedicated to AC, then you are legitimizing an extreme political ideology that very few people buy into.

I know you're going to come back with the "it's a political theory forum, not an AC forum", but we all know what it is that you want. The only political theory topics that come up are things like "How does gravity work under AC" or "Why can't I buy a Whopper without the STATE breathing down my back?". Any political theory topics that are not about AC, quickly degrade into arguments about AC. What you want is a forum dedicated completely to your wacky philosophy.

By splitting the forums, there would still be one unreadable forum with even more hijackings, and another forum with virtually no traffic. Personally, I think banning hijackers, that derail every single thread in politics, even if it's just for an hour, will put a quick stop to the mess that is the forum.