Old 11-28-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Top 50 Fictional Weapons of All Time

[ QUOTE ]
no holy hand grenade?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah wtf
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 PM

I'd have some of the God of War weapons on here. And what about some of the Mega Man stuff?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:32 PM

hhhmm...what was so great about the God of War weaspons??

army of hades was pretty cool to use though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hhhmm...what was so great about the God of War weaspons??

army of hades was pretty cool to use though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Carrying around the head of a Medusa and turning everything into Stone was pretty badass.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand how lightsaber's aren't #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my initial reaction. Lightsabers are so awesome. Some of the best action moments I have ever seen were lightsaber duels. When Yoda fought Count Dooku, I thought I was going to piss my pants.

I'm glad someone had enough time on their hands to make this list.

Side note: When I was a little kid just getting into Star Wars and having no idea what a "saber" was, I always thought they were calling it a "life saver."
Old 11-28-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just make that up?

Just kidding. Well done, hehe.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at Contra Spread Gun

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We’re not sure what it’s shooting—could be baby tomatoes, could be rubber clown noses—but the Spread Gun is more important to the Contra series than the Konami Code itself. It’s so useful that accidentally getting a different weapon when you already have it is worse than getting killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you had rapid fire spread, you were dangerous. If two of you had it, you were unstoppable. That gun was ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:16 PM

Saint of killer should have definetly been on there.

For anyone at work that cant click Wikipedia:

The Saint of all Killers was at one time a soldier serving in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War. He was simultaneously respected and feared for being absolutely merciless on the battlefield -- his bloodlust verged on that of a berserker frenzy.

After the war, he made his living in the American West by collecting Native scalps and bounty hunting. His life changed when he found a young woman whom he had inadvertently rescued when he killed her Indian captors. As they were far from civilization when they met, the woman pleaded to be taken with him and, in spite of himself, her plea made it through his bitter and hardened exterior, to whatever tiny core of goodness rested within.

They fell in love and soon were married. They had a daughter, and the killer became a farmer.

However, his family fell ill and he left them to fetch a doctor from the nearest town. When he got there, his mission was delayed by a gang of outlaws who were preying on passers-by, killing them and selling their scalps as though they had belonged to Natives. Due to this delay, he found his family had died during his absence. Fueled by hatred and thinking only of vengeance, he tracked the gang of outlaws to the border-town of Ratwater, Texas and began to slaughter them. When he confronted the leader of the outlaws, he killed the innocent hostage the man had taken and damned himself to Hell. Before he could kill the outlaw, he ran out of bullets and was struck in the back of the head with a shovel. The leader then proceeded to impale his chest with the shovel.

Death took him, and, because of the innocent life he had taken, his soul was consigned to perdition. However, his hatred could not be contained and it caused Hell to literally freeze over. The weary Angel of Death, playing poker with the Devil, suggested a solution to this little problem: they could allow the man to return to Earth to seek revenge against the remaining outlaws. In exchange, he would become the Patron Saint of Slaughter and Assassination who would assume the Angel of Death's role of collecting the souls of those who died by violence with whoever sat on the throne of heaven the only being he would answer to. Accepting the offer, the man was dubbed the 'Saint of Killers' and took up the Angel's sword, (refashioned into a pair of Walker Colt revolvers).

As the Saint made his way out of Hell, the fires started to reignite. The Devil then made the mistake of slinging an insult at the Saint whereupon The Saint killed him and returned to the land of the living. He proceeded to slaughter the men who had killed him along with everyone else in Ratwater simply because his hate ran too deep for two murders to satisfy. Afterwards, the Saint went to rest at a specially prepared tomb at Boot Hill but his spirit walked the Earth to gather the souls of those who died violent deaths.

Over a century later, the half-angel/half-demon entity known as 'Genesis' was born and escaped its prison in heaven to earth where it merged with the Preacher Jesse Custer. In order to retrieve Genesis, the Saint was awakened and sent after Custer. Upon reaching him however, Custer used the power granted to him by Genesis, the Word of God, to prevent the Saint from shooting him or his companions. After learning that God had disappeared from heaven, the Saint left to reconsider his role in the grand scheme of things. Eventually deciding that it wasn't God who he answered to but the one who sat on the throne of heaven-and being the throne was vacant-The Saint decided to continue hunting Custer down not because he had been ordered to, but because Custer had scorned him. Finally tracking his quarry to France where Custer was in the midst of rescuing his friend Cassidy from the Grail, The Saint halted in his plans to kill Custer when Herr Starr revealed that Genesis knew the truth regarding the death of the Saint's family whereupon he offered to spare Custer's life in exchange for the information. Later rendevousing with Custer in the deserts of the American Southwest, the Saint learned that the deaths were not accidental; they had been preordained. God had arranged them in order to obtain the services of an efficient killer. Enraged beyond measure, the Saint embarked on his own quest for revenge against the almighty.

Sometime later, Custer contacted the Saint by digging up the remains of his human body and convinced him to join forces in order to bring justice against God for the crimes he had committed against Earth and Humanity. Custer arranged to die at the Hands of Herr Starr and the Grail, thereby killing Genesis along with him so that God would feel safe to return to his throne in heaven. When he arrived however, he found that the Saint had slaughtered every last Angel in Heaven and was waiting for him. Despite God's attempts to intimidate the Saint with his wrath and then offering to restore his family to life, the Saint gunned him down. With no one left to kill, the Saint sat upon Heaven's Throne and returned to sleep -- presumably forever.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:17 PM

Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shot in the dark if anyone remembers...

Shot at 2007-11-28
HAHAHA, sticky bomb like a you!

[/ QUOTE ]|

that game was awesome,they had some cool weapons in it